playMaker

Author Topic: It freezes for 5-10 seconds when entering Play mode  (Read 2382 times)

Matrix456

• Playmaker Newbie
It freezes for 5-10 seconds when entering Play mode
« on: January 30, 2015, 11:20:39 AM »
Hi! I just started using Playmaker and I'm enjoying it a lot! :)
But there's just one problem I have with Playmaker and I think it's a bug, but I'm not sure... :(

I created a new Unity Project, I imported PlayMaker, I created a new scene and I only put a cube with an empty FSM in it. I tested it and everything worked fine.
However, if I add a lot of assets in my Project folder (while keeping the same scene) and I try to enter play mode again, here's what happens : I see the first frame, then it will freezes for 5-10 seconds and then it will runs smooth after that.
I don't have this problem if I remove the FSM from the cube, so the freeze definitely comes from Playmaker.
I also don't have this problem if I'm playing fullscreen, it only happen when I can see the hierarchy in the editor AND if I see the object in the hierarchy (if the object is not directly visible (child of another object for exemple), I don't have this problem).
One more thing : The freeze also happen if the Playmaker Editor is open, even if there's no FSM in the scene.

Here's my conclusion : Everytime play mode start and Playmaker is activated (in editor, not in game), I think that Playmaker checks every assets in the project folder to do some initialization and that take WAY too much time. The more assets I have, the longer the freeze is. It's really annoying!
So, is it normal? Is it a bug? What can I do?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: It freezes for 5-10 seconds when entering Play mode
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 11:28:00 AM »
This should be fixed in the next update. Please PM me for access to the beta so we can test if it fixes the problem you're seeing...

Matrix456

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: It freezes for 5-10 seconds when entering Play mode
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 01:35:12 PM »
Perfect! The beta solved the problem.
Thank you very much!  :D