playMaker

Author Topic: ArrayMaker Tutorials for All! (5th UP!)  (Read 83346 times)

replikant

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: ArrayMaker Tutorials for All! (5th UP!)
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2016, 07:01:17 PM »
hello is the tutorial still not ready?

Kathar

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2017, 07:59:37 AM »
Sorry for the thread resurrection! Been working on a high score system which shows the player name and score, as done in the indexed high score tutorial (tut 6)  in the OP. It’s working great to an extent, but as I’m using an int value as my score instead of a float, I get quite a few duplicate/identical score values, which is all fine, but as it then tries to retrieve the player name via the score value, it ends up just returning the first player with the identical score instead of the correctly associated  player, which then causes issues when I’m trying to reposition all connected players in order of score, as it keeps trying to reposition the same player.

Anybody have any ideas? I’m sure it’s just something really something simple/obvious I’m missing. Thanks for any help!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2017, 09:08:45 AM »
Hi.
This is indeed an issue on that tutorials,
This tutorial works better :

The sample files are not available atm (remaking them right now :) )
But will be available on my upcoming asset together with other samples.

Kathar

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2017, 09:14:31 AM »
Hi.
This is indeed an issue on that tutorials,
This tutorial works better :

The sample files are not available atm (remaking them right now :) )
But will be available on my upcoming asset together with other samples.

You’re a legend, thanks so much for that mate! Out at the mo but will check it out as soon as I’m back in, cheers!

sebaslive

• Frame Tale Studios
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2017, 12:26:07 PM »
Unfortunately through updates some of the files become non fuctional but thanks to djaydino on making a tutorial based on the newer version of arrays. I would say though that I still find benefits of using arraymaker vs the arrays that come with playmaker as there are still more actions available in arraymaker that aren't yet available in the arrays that come with playmaker.
All my VR games use Steam VR Playmaker Toolkit: http://u3d.as/u20
And Oculus Touch Playmaker Toolkit: http://u3d.as/QT5

Follow me @sebasRez

Kathar

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #140 on: November 19, 2017, 01:52:49 PM »
Thanks a lot for your help guys - I actually think I've managed to fix it another way which was thankfully pretty simple. I'm using the method as in the tutorial in the first post still, but now I've just changed it so as it cycles through the players/score every loop, I just remove that player and score from the two lists using the IndexOf value so it can't be found/used again. Although technically the score for that player may not be THEIR exact score exactly, it doesn't really matter, as it will only find/remove a score that is identical, so all seems to work okay!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2017, 04:30:10 PM »
Hi,
Just to let people know, there was a typo in the "Array Get Next 2" which broke the reset.
please re download the action.

@sebaslive
Indeed array maker is more power full than the standard, but for this case the standard works fine :)

@Kathar
I actually did something similare with that.
What i did is make a copy from the list and remove from the list when looping :