playMaker

Author Topic: Arraymaker and EasySave2 load issue  (Read 5300 times)

Wolinho

• Playmaker Newbie
Arraymaker and EasySave2 load issue
« on: March 26, 2015, 05:45:19 PM »
I have a issue with the 'Array List Easy Load' extension of the ArrayMakerEasySave2.unitypackage.

When I am first starting a scene in play mode and loading my array lists using the action, everything works just fine. The data is being loaded into the array list as it should be without any error messages.

When I then leave the scene for another scene (in play mode) and come back to it later and use the same action of the same state machine again, an error message is thrown:

Easy Save 2 Error: The data, tag, file or folder you are looking for does not exist. Please ensure that ES2.Exists(string identifier) returns true before calling this method.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
ES2Reader:ProcessHeader(Key, ES2Type, ES2Type, String)
ES2Reader:ReadList(String)
ES2:LoadList(String, ES2Settings)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.ArrayListEasyLoad:LoadArrayList() (at Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/Addons/ThirdParty/EasySave2/Actions/ArrayListEasyLoad.cs:84)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.ArrayListEasyLoad:OnEnter() (at Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/Addons/ThirdParty/EasySave2/Actions/ArrayListEasyLoad.cs:61)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:ActivateActions(Int32)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:OnEnter()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:EnterState(FsmState)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:SwitchState(FsmState)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:UpdateStateChanges()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Start()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:ProcessEvent(FsmEvent, FsmEventData)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Event(FsmEventTarget, FsmEvent)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Event(FsmEvent)
PlayMakerFSM:OnLevelWasLoaded()

Even though I get the error message, the data still seems to get loaded properly into the array list. I am using Unity 5 and the most recent versions of Playmaker and Arraymaker. Anyone having any ideas what might be the reason for this? Help is very much appreciated!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:57:43 PM by Wolinho »

mweyna

Re: Arraymaker and EasySave2 load issue
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 10:08:10 PM »
Looking at your screenshot I don't see any array called "HeroName," assuming your global variable ES_Name is set right, and the save file name is set right, it shouldn't have any problems. Is there an array called HeroName on the Object with this FSM?

Wolinho

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 01:04:05 PM »
When I read your answer it became obvious to me that I had not set the tag variable  correctly. Thank you for pushing me into the right direction :-)

psypol

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 03:18:23 PM »
Hello

is there something specific to know about the format of the data inside the file loaded by EasySave ?
Is there any sort of Checksum protecting the data in the file ?

i saved an array to understand the format
(i could load it back into an array with no problem)

then i tried to change some values directely in the txt file for example
Code: [Select]
string(Player1)string(Player2)string(Player3)to
Code: [Select]
string(john)string(steve)string(bob)
in the beginning when i change only a few elements : unity loads the changed values with no problem ....
but when i change a lot of them and even all the elements => the load process fails and the following error occurs :
ES2InvalidDataException: Easy Save 2 Error: The file provided does not contain data that is readable by Easy Save. Please make sure that file was created by Easy Save.

thanks in advance for any help

mweyna

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 07:31:34 PM »
There is some kind of data encryption, beyond me to speak to what exactly, but you do have the options in the Playmaker actions ensure to encode it with specific security keys. In my experience I've never tried to change the data externally, and rely on Unity to read/write for me. Maybe someone else can speak to modifying data externally.

psypol

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 04:53:47 AM »
thanks. maybe someone else can help.
i'm using the EasySave2 actions for PlayMaker and i don't see a parameter
to tell if the save & load are supposed to be encrypted/protected in some way.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 05:05:06 AM »
Hi,
If you enabled encrypted to a save, then you have to enable it to all using that save.

so when you save a float named "Float1" and you checked encrypted then you need to check it on all save/load actions using "float1"

psypol

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 05:14:05 AM »
If you enabled encrypted to a save

Sorry but could you tell me where i set if my saves should be crypted or not ?