playMaker

Author Topic: FSMs working in the Unity Editor, but don't work on build  (Read 2022 times)

mKeff

• Playmaker Newbie
FSMs working in the Unity Editor, but don't work on build
« on: February 20, 2017, 07:23:35 PM »
Hello,

I've been having trouble upon build.  Everything works when running in the editor but after building, my FSMs don't work.  It's happened on a few projects, in one case I was able to fix it by re-installing Playmaker, but that doesn't work every time.  I would really appreciate any advice on where to look for the problem, or if there is a tool in playmaker or unity that may fix it.

thank you,
-

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: FSMs working in the Unity Editor, but don't work on build
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 02:27:36 AM »
Hi,
For what platform are you building?

are you using stripping level?

do you have many "Get/Set Properties" actions?

mKeff

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 02:02:07 AM »
Hi djaydino,

This is an ongoing problem I have with all of my work with Playmaker and Unity.  I am fairly new so no doubt I muck up my projects with a lot of experimenting and trial/error.

I'm building for macOS and Windows, the issue happens on both.  I do use Get/Set Properties.  It seems to happen in a way that system transitions won't work, for example, "MOUSE DOWN" or "ON COLLISION" and my other fsms will be working - it's really quite random and it's been happening to me on my last several projects in which I fix by re-doing certain parts or by starting a new project and importing my assets from prefabs and global exporting.

I've also done tests - for example if a fsm stops working on build, I'll build a new scene in the same project folder and test different parts in the simplest way, so that I can identify the issue.. if the project is effected with this problem, the simple test won't work either.  However, the same simple test will work in a brand new project folder started from scratch.  It's as if the entire project gets corrupted somehow.

and ideas or trouble shooting tips are very appreciated, I dig through the forums quite a lot and haven't seen anything that can help.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 03:04:50 AM »
Hi,

If you have a project or a scene you can share that replicate this issue, I'll have a look.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 01:56:01 AM »
Hi,

ok, I looked at your project and yes it's odd, sometimes nothing work.

- Your UI system needs a revamp, you should use the new UI system, and totally move away from using TextMesh, it's not performant and unoptimal.

If I remove all the UI elements, score, timer and simply play the game, then I can never fail it, so This is where you need to refactor, the whole UI, and I think the issue is to do with using TextMesh.

Bye,

Jean