playMaker

Author Topic: Unity 5.3.0p0  (Read 2073 times)

retox

• Playmaker Newbie
Unity 5.3.0p0
« on: December 15, 2015, 10:43:54 AM »
Hi I've been testing the current beta version of Unity 5.3.0p0 to make use of the Apple TV output for the current touch controller platform and hit on many issues when building the project.

Currently I have 510 errors all with the same console string

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Vector3HighPassFilter.cs(9,46): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

I'm tried using using Playmaker 1.7.8.4 and 1.8.0 separately.

Is there a fix or am I going to have to wait until Apple TV is launched with Unity 5.3.1?

Many thanks

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Unity 5.3.0p0
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 01:21:48 AM »
The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

This error normally means that Unity is not finding the Playmaker plugin. Naturally this generates a lot of errors!

Are there any duplicate PlayMaker dlls under Plugins\PlayMaker. E.g. PlayMaker 1.dll?

I haven't played with Apple TV yet, but will look into it...

rjuro

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 01:06:01 PM »
We saw this too, and there was NO plugin in the plugins folder, the only ones I could find were in Playmaker/Editor/Install or something.

I just used import from the asset store, did I do something wrong?
EDIT:
OH! apparently I have to install that package, didn't realize that
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 01:12:13 PM by rjuro »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 05:11:28 PM »
Yeah, Playmaker installs/updates now happen in the Welcome Screen. This is so we can perform any needed actions before import, warn users to backup projects etc.

The Welcome Screen should show automatically unless you check the Don't Show Again option.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 02:08:23 AM »
Hi,

Also, if you have errors in your project, and install PlayMaker, you won't have the welcome screen, simply install the package manually, it's located within your assets:

Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Install/PlayMaker.1.8.0.unityPackage

Bye

Jean