playMaker

Author Topic: Strange behavior with Format String[SOLVED]  (Read 1690 times)

Frogspasm

• Playmaker Newbie
Strange behavior with Format String[SOLVED]
« on: February 18, 2014, 01:45:46 AM »
I'm trying to get a material name from an object, and turn it into a string that I can use in a string switch. It seems to work when I set Format String to repeat every frame, but the flow seems to get stuck there if I do. I see the variables passed on to the next action, but it stays highlighted on the Format String.
I'm also using Arraymaker for the object list.

Thanks,
`Mike D.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:38:41 AM by Frogspasm »

Frogspasm

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Strange behavior with Format String
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 12:37:59 AM »
Ok. I'm not exactly sure why, but this evening it has decided to work correctly.
It's possible I hadn't typed in the material name correctly in the string switch.

It would be very helpful in the future if we could copy text from the debug fields in an action :)

Anyhow...thanks!
~Mike D.

Frogspasm

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Strange behavior with Format String[SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 12:57:48 PM »
Ok, scratch that. It was the last Playmaker update that fixed the problem.
My test that started working was using the updated version, but it stopped working when I went back to the original project. Updated to the new version and viola! Flashy lights.

Thanks,
~Mike D.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Strange behavior with Format String[SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 07:46:51 AM »
Hi,

I actually looked at your scene just now ( did not see you posted more comments).

basically, it's your Format String action that is set to "every frame" and so it's stuck in that action since you have define the state as "sequential".

once you uncheck this, all is well ( and string switch as well should not be set to everyframe any way).

bye,

Jean