playMaker

Author Topic: Interactive Cloth properties don't change in iOS builds  (Read 4504 times)

gecko

• Junior Playmaker
Interactive Cloth properties don't change in iOS builds
« on: October 30, 2013, 09:30:29 AM »

I've got an FSM that changes the acceleration on an Interactive Cloth. Works great in the Editor, but not in a build -- the cloth has its initial acceleration settings and those never change. I tried this fix from the iOS Help thread:

I set to 0 all acceleration on the component itself, so external acceleration and random acceleration are both 0,0,0

then I don't do anything in the "start low" state, I wait for 5 sec and then set big values and it works.

But no improvement. Now the flag is drooping (zero acceleration of any kind), and it never changes. No errors in the editor, nothing in xcode console. Here's the FSM:

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Interactive Cloth properties don't change in iOS builds
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 10:15:55 AM »
Is it limited to iOS builds or does it also fail to work on desktop builds?
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

gecko

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 10:18:11 AM »
I haven't tried a desktop build (it would take quite awhile to switch platforms).

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 05:47:32 AM »
Hi,

Ok, triple checked, and it's all working properly, I included the test scene I use for IOS publishing, I tried web publishing too and it's all fine.

this example expects your to touch or click, it will switch to high wind during the mouse down or touch down, then as you release it will switch to low wind.

bye,

Jean

gecko

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 01:38:11 PM »
Thanks! Unfortunately, this still doesn't work in my scene. All I did was change the click actions to timers, so it automatically loops through the FSM. Works in the editor, but on the device, nope. Well, I've got an alternate method (switching between two different flags) which looks better than I expected, so I'm going to use that. Must be some weird other factor in my scene, I guess. Thanks a lot for all the help.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 12:52:47 AM »
Hi,

Odd indeed, as this package is perfectly working, have you tried on a clean project with just my package?

bye,

Jean

gecko

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 09:29:20 AM »
I'm going to try on a fresh project soon--gotta submit my current app to the App Store first....