playMaker

Author Topic: Certain playmaker sample crushes Unity immediately  (Read 2006 times)

ryf9059

Certain playmaker sample crushes Unity immediately
« on: March 18, 2014, 12:56:00 AM »
I downloaded the sample from playmaker website and imported it, at the end of import the unity will crush and exit. Then I can go in again and choose the sample I want, but I noticed I can only run a few with no problem like no exit. When I try to go in to the test lab a lot of those will not work. I chose Input folder and none of the sample works, giving me a "Unity has stopped working" message. If I relaunch it I might see I'm actually inside that sample with hierarchy displayed but again it immediately freezes and says Unity stop working again, so I never get a chance to explore the scene.

Is this a bug in Unity or Playmaker? Or is it caused by corrupted files? I noticed the size on the website says 11.4MB while what I get is 11.3MB. I have downloaded several times and they all give me this size.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Certain playmaker sample crushes Unity immediately
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 09:04:39 AM »
Hi,

I can confirm that everything is working ok here, downloaded fresh from the website, created a new project, included playmaker and imported the package, all is well.

what samples exactly are giving you problems?

maybe your internet connection is having an issue or your anti virus kicks in for some reason. Are you on windows or mac?

bye,

Jean

ryf9059

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 09:30:02 AM »
Hi,

I can confirm that everything is working ok here, downloaded fresh from the website, created a new project, included playmaker and imported the package, all is well.

what samples exactly are giving you problems?

maybe your internet connection is having an issue or your anti virus kicks in for some reason. Are you on windows or mac?

Certain examples work and will not crush unity, but others will. In my case I was trying to access any example in TestLab/Input, and it crushes, however trying samples in TestLab/Character will not crush.

I'm using 4.3.4f1, on Win 8 Pro.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 09:54:27 AM »
Hi,

they work here. Very odd. Do you have any warnings in the unity console?

what version of playmaker do you have ( make sure you have the latest)

and are you testing on a clean project?

bye,

Jean