playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker Waypoint  (Read 2852 times)

jrush64

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker Waypoint
« on: April 26, 2016, 12:53:46 PM »
Hi,

So I'm wondering how to create a reliable waypoint system. I'm using the get distance from waypoint and set destination from waypoint then i compare floats but it doesn't work all the time.

Can anyone please help?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Playmaker Waypoint
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 04:46:01 AM »
Hi,

you'll need an asset for this, else it's quite complex to write a waypoint system yourself.

I would try this:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/2506

Bye,

Jean

milanepps

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 02:48:29 AM »
What about if you want to use object pooling on the enemies in the waypoint system? How would you properly despawn an enemy and reset it using a system like PoolManager 5 or Simple Object Pooler by Illogical Games (I ask, because I have both assets already and I'm trying to find the easy way to apply it to my 2d top-down shooter project and I've been having a ridiculous amount of trouble with just getting the enemies to move along the proper path and then deactivate and reset at the origin point, until I spawn them again). Any help would be greatly appreciated...GREATLY!!
If I don't ask, how will I learn?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 01:44:41 AM »
Hi,

It really depends on what wayPoint system you are going to use, and you should check with them, but I would say with confidence that indeed it's possible to combine waypoint systems and pools.

Bye,

Jean