playMaker

Author Topic: Collision Event  (Read 2289 times)

NinjaX

• XCO is the ULTIMATE IOS Ninja!!
    • XCOGAMES
Collision Event
« on: July 14, 2013, 10:40:30 AM »
Hello and thank you in advance to anyone who can help. I have problem - I am trying to create a simple collisions so if my character hits a wall he explodes and if he hits a coin the coin gets collected.

I have attached to my character to cubes one to collide with the wall (tagged wall) and another other (tagged coin) each have a box collide and NO ridged body, where as the wall and the coin also have a box collide but DO have a ridgedbody!

Now in my "test scene" where I test to make sure things work, everything works as should!

But in my other scene it does not! The exact same thing does not work, in my other scene I also have the environment and stuff moving and FX etc... But non of it should effect it? I am confused... if anybody understand why this is happening or a better method to accomplish what I need please help ? :D

Super thanks to anyone in advance! Love PM and unity!

(update) I want to note that on my walls in the test scene I had a "translate" action so the walls ran into my guy (just for testing) and in the actual build I do not have a translate on the walls so they stay still...

I went back to my test scene and removed the translate from the walls not my guy goes through them and does not collide ?

hopefully this info can help who ever may be able to help me understand why ? :| Thank you again!

« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 11:13:45 AM by NinjaX »
XCO is the ULTIMATE IOS Ninja, Beware for he sees Everything and Nothing all at once!

sebaslive

• Frame Tale Studios
Re: Collision Event
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 06:32:27 PM »
Hi, so in this new scene you copied everything to be exactly the same or did you just save the test scene as an old scene?

It might be good to check in your new scene that all the game objects are connected to the right game objects because with the new scene it might be looking for the game objects from the old scene.
All my VR games use Steam VR Playmaker Toolkit: http://u3d.as/u20
And Oculus Touch Playmaker Toolkit: http://u3d.as/QT5

Follow me @sebasRez

NinjaX

• XCO is the ULTIMATE IOS Ninja!!
    • XCOGAMES
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 12:11:11 PM »
Thank you Sea, I did check it is not that... But I have worked around it for now. But thanx dude :D
XCO is the ULTIMATE IOS Ninja, Beware for he sees Everything and Nothing all at once!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 11:56:08 AM »
Hi,

it's likely that you are missing physics components. Colliders and triggers require at least on of the colliding gameObjects to feature a physics component.

else, it could be speed. If your character is really fast and your colliders too thin, then it misses. This is solveable either by increasding walls thickness, or fine tune the physics settings to run quicker and thus not miss collisions and triggers.

bye,

Jean