playMaker

Author Topic: Other platform compatibility?  (Read 3196 times)

liero116

• Playmaker Newbie
Other platform compatibility?
« on: June 19, 2013, 05:36:57 PM »
This isn't something I would need to worry about for now and probably wont come up for quite some time (or maybe not at all), but here goes:

Let's say somewhere down the line I want to port a game made entirely with Playmaker over to PS4, XBox, or some other non PC/Mac platform.  How feasible is this?  I know PS4 for sure supports C# and I'm about 90% that XBox One does as well, or does this even matter?  I guess what I'm asking is, am I limited to just PC and Mac platforms if I make a game entirely with Playmaker?  Additionally, how difficult would it be to integrate this system with Steamworks?  Since Steam is obviously PC/Mac based, my guess is that it wouldn't be too tricky, but it's still a concern of mine.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Other platform compatibility?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 01:48:28 AM »
Hi,

I can't really say anything on xbox, wii and ps publishing platforms as I never tried them nor heard about playmaker support on them, but I would not be surprised it's totally fine. Playmaker was in trouble with flash because it never got really ported properly by Unity to begin with I guess ( and they stop supporting it as a matter of fact...)

as for any third party system like Steam, this is totally fine, provided you can write scripts to work with their api. that's what I do on a daily bases, I write custom actions to enjoy working with playmaker AND other systems. So totally fine here. It does mean writing code tho, as playmaker can not support everything plugins and third party systems, that's unrealistic.

bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 12:14:31 PM »
We don't have access to Xbox/PS3/Wii devkits in house, but we work with studios that do, and as far as I know Playmaker is running fine on those platforms. But if there are any problems we want to fix them. The goal is to make Playmaker compatible with all Unity platforms :)

liero116

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 07:00:38 PM »
That's good to hear.  Hopefully if I ever get to that point, things will work out just fine.