playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker & PoolManager2  (Read 17797 times)

Mark_T

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
Re: Playmaker & PoolManager2
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 06:46:07 PM »
Hi Jean,

It`s working. Sorry for the false alarm. It seems it`s really not a good idea to work when your mind is not clear enought.

It might help someone, so I`ll post the steps I`ve done:
1. Create a new scene and an empty object and create a new FSM
2. In the first state(CREATE POOL) add the Pmt Create Pool action and type the name of the pool. Set "FINISHED" as the pool created event.
3. Add a second state(SPAWN) and drag the Pmt Spawn action. Type the pool name (the same you created in the first state and drag a prefab in the game Object field. I had an animated object prefab, just to make things easier to see the spawned objects. Set "FINISHED" as the Success Event
4. Create a third state(WAIT) and add the Wait action and set the time to 3s.
5. Link all the transitions:CREATE POOL-->SPAWN-->WAIT-->SPAWN
6. Hit play.

I also created a string variable with the intention to use the variable as the pool name but it didn`t worked. I`m too tired now to see why, maybe it`s a bug, maybe not.

Again, Thank You Jean. :)

Edit: I used Unity 3.5 and Playmaker 1.3.2

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:48:45 PM by Mark_T »

justifun

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 09:21:43 PM »
Which version of unity 3.5 are you using ?  3.5b6?

I can't import pool manager without it giving me errors :(

Mark_T

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 04:22:29 AM »
Unity 3.5.0f5, Playmaker 1.3.2 and Pool Manager 2.6

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 01:07:50 AM »
Hi,

I am currently cleaning up the samples I used to etst all them actions, so I'll release them sometimes this week. Then you'll get something to start with instead of learn it the hard way :)

playmaker and pool manager together gave me some weird things when importing packages, that might be linked to the issue you are having, so make sure you get the latest from unity, playmaker and pool manager 2 and restart Unity after you have imported everything.

Bye,

Jean

Mark_T

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 05:14:46 AM »
Cool. :)

While I was working to the tower defence game, where, of course I run into many and so different problems :(, ???, :-[, >:(, :o, :(, I was thinking how can I use Pool Manager with ArrayMaker, to instantly place/spawn the instances in certain locations. I didn`t tried yet to find a sollution to this, but while we`re here, I thought it doesn`t hurt to ask. :)
Many thanks Jean, looking forward to play with your test/example scenes.

Cheers,

m_t

Edit: I`m also curious about your progress you mentioned regarding ArrayMaker.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:17:24 AM by Mark_T »

TKnebel

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 07:48:16 PM »
I'm also looking forward to the update Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 01:23:51 AM »
Hi,

I have hard deadlines for end of march and mid april, so really I am not expecting having some descent free time until after that. Meanwhile do not hesitate if you have questions on this forum or you have some very important deadlines involving pending work of mine.

bye,

Jean

amaranth

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 01:59:46 PM »
@justifun
That happened to me as well. To fix, re-import the file from wherever it is stored on your computer. On my PC, it's %appdata%\Unity\Asset Store\Path-o-logical Games LLC\Scripting\PoolManager.unitypackage

@jeanfabre
Loving these wonderful tools!

@Mark_T
Thank you for listing those steps. Saved me loads of time! Still figuring out how to get my creatures to appear, but it's probably something simple. (it was. note to self = don't use pool as variable :) )
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 02:50:15 PM by amaranth »

justifun

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 02:44:04 PM »
Got mine working when i updated to unity 3.5.1

amaranth

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 08:26:22 PM »
Yeah, that fixed a few things for me.

Jean, I think these new actions are great, but I've run into one problem: how do you set the position of the objects you've created from the pool? With my game, all objects are spawned at 0,0,0 and I'm not sure how to change this.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 02:41:34 PM »
Hi,

The Pmt Spawn action accepts a gameObject to define the spawning position and rotation.

so, create a dummy gameObject, used only for that purpose ( it can be the gameObject hosting the pool actually), and move that where you want to spawn.

Does that make sense?

Bye,

Jean

amaranth

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 01:23:44 PM »
Got it! Spawn Transform = spawn location.

gamedivision

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2013, 04:11:54 PM »
Here is what I'm trying to achieve
20 different objects
have them spawn from 2 locations at random times,almost like a firework display 1sec spawn 3 objects when they despawn after hitting the trigger then another sec later spawn 1 and on and on and on 5,7,2,4 so on and so forth.
so as a test scene i created an empty game object which is the spawner,added the spawn pool script created a prefab of a box with force attached so when its spawned it flies straight into the air,when it falls it hit a collider object which is the trigger and despawns the flying box,that sends an event back to the spawner telling it to spawn the original object.creating a loop as such.
heres the problem every time that object  gets spawned it appears smaller and squashed,i'll create a video to show you