playMaker

Author Topic: Rotate differently and jumping advise  (Read 3032 times)

EGGO

• Playmaker Newbie
Rotate differently and jumping advise
« on: May 12, 2015, 09:40:01 AM »
Hello. First of all let me say that I'm complete beginner in any kind of programming and scripting so have some problems in building such a logical systems. That's why i got Playmaker... Still have SOOOOO many questions how to setup things but it's still better for me then learn C++ or smth like this... So please just sorry for dumb questions i have  ::)
Now to question...
I have a simple movement setup of Cube gameobject with GetAxis and Translate actions so i made it to move left and right by X axis and not any other. Now I just can't figure out how to make it slight rotate on moving left and right and how to get it jump (not to move just by Y axis but to push it like it's real jumping with fall).
As I understand to make it rotate a bit I have to say it somehow that if it's +x it should rotate +z and if -x then it should rotate -z. May be it's supersimple but i just don't get it... ((
Well.. If somebody can somehow explain how to do it (more important why it makes what it makes!) - it'll be really-really helpful.
p.s.: sorry yet for my English language...

EGGO

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Rotate differently and jumping advise
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 09:45:33 AM »
Just rendered a simple example in 3d on what i want to achieve)
https://youtu.be/IP3HaTfN6T4

EGGO

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 06:57:37 AM »
Well... Hope somebody will help my anyway))) May be there's another place for customer's support which i didn't find?...

redikann

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 12:32:08 PM »
If your just moving a cube thru translate then you will have complete control over the object and will have to simulate gravity. If you can bump it up to a character controller or rigid body gravity will be simulated for you but each option has it's pros and cons on how easy it is to get great character movement.
As for slightly rotating your character, that's easy but we need to know how you are doing it. Are you trying to rotate your character everytime you press an arrow key or would you like to rotate your character based of the world position of the camera and maybe mouse movement?

EGGO

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 05:45:30 PM »
Ok I understand - i'm already trying now to simulate a gravity - have a lot of work to do but looks like i'll go exactly that way.
About slight rotation: No i don't want to bind a rotation with just each pressing. I think it'll be based on world poistion.
Oh! Great thanks for a reply redikann!

redikann

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 08:09:15 PM »
I would suggest looking into the Itween actions for different and smoother ways to translate objects. Sometimes all you need is an animated variable to work you thru a jump sequence.

EGGO

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 09:45:45 AM »
Ok. Thanks a lot. Will try it to make this way.