playMaker

Author Topic: Chronos Time Manager for Unity  (Read 5886 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Chronos Time Manager for Unity
« on: May 14, 2015, 04:49:25 AM »
Hi,

Just stumbled upon what seems to be THE time controller for Unity, and it now comes with PlayMaker support :)

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/31225

Not tested myself but reviews are promising. And since a lot of members are asking about time management, maybe this is the solution.

Bye,

Jean

Moosegun

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Chronos Time Manager for Unity
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 03:25:59 AM »
I picked this up the other day and it is EXCELLENT, one issue is though that it doesnt seems to pause / control  current playmaker FSM action, so you still need to do this manually.  For example if you use the pause function on an FSM which is in a move towards state, it continues moving.  I need to do a bit more testing though.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 06:15:52 AM »
Hi,

Let me know how it goes, the movetowards has an advanced version on the Ecosystem, more and more users are mentionning this ability to turn on and off actions with a soft boolean variable. So it could be one more good use case to start implementing such option.

Bye,

Jean

crush

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 03:20:16 PM »
I just purchased this the other day also, mainly because of the playmaker support. I can't get anything to work even after following the tutorials and trying to find the playmaker equivalent action.

After reading the comment above about not working with other fsm actions, I think this might be my issue and since my game is built 100% with playmaker I am thinking this asset may be unusable for me:( If anyone has a working example or even a tutorial for playmaker implementation that would be amazing.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 09:44:30 AM »
Hi,

Have you contacted the author of Chronos?

Can you give a concrete example of what you want to achieve and how PlayMaker is involved in this example?

Bye,

Jean

crush

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 02:40:18 PM »
Hi,
I did contact the author a few days after purchase. Recently got a reply. I and just going through the playmaker example package. , EDIT - the author said there was an example scene for playmaker, but there is only the scene to add the actions to the action browser. Nothing you can open and look at how things are used.

I am basically just trying to trigger a rewind time by 5 seconds event when a player is at 0 health. But I need audio, animation etc etc (The entire world really)  to rewind smoothly with it.

I also have a bullet time effect happening on right mouse click, but I'm doing that through the scale time action and manually swapping out audio game objects with pitch shifts for the audio element as scale time doesn't seem to alter any audio.

Anyways I will let you know very soon what I find with the rewind time as I progress.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 09:45:55 PM by crush »