playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] EditorWindow could not be Loaded  (Read 30807 times)

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
[SOLVED] EditorWindow could not be Loaded
« on: January 31, 2012, 11:29:00 AM »
Something funny happened to my project and now my Playmaker editor windows just show Failed to load

and

EditorWindow could not be loaded because the script is not found in the project

If i go into the PM menu and click on the editor window button then it come up where it was supposed to but it does this on each load for some reason.

Q
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 12:36:09 PM by Alex Chouls »

savely00

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: EditorWindow could not be Loaded
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 12:30:59 PM »
Same just happened to me. I cannot open any projects. Does anybody have a solution?
Something funny happened to my project and now my Playmaker editor windows just show Failed to load

and

EditorWindow could not be loaded because the script is not found in the project

If i go into the PM menu and click on the editor window button then it come up where it was supposed to but it does this on each load for some reason.

Q

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 12:37:55 PM »
Are there any errors in the Unity Console?

@savely00: Do the projects open, but without the Playmaker window, or do the projects fail to open?

savely00

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 01:52:34 PM »
Project was loaded but it looked like it did not because I pinned the Playmaker's editor panels next to the Project panel. I started the "Playmaker FSM Editor" From the main menu and one panel became activate. I just deleted inactive panels from the project view. The problem (visual) was with my projects where I did not use Playmaker - they also showed pinned panels and it looked like all my projects failed to load.

Summary: Project is loaded fine, but pinned panels display error "EditorWindow could not be Loaded...".

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 02:02:32 PM »
Sometimes Unity layouts get confused and you need to reset/reload the layout.

For example, if you load a project that doesn't use Playmaker, you'll get the "EditorWindow could not be loaded...". When you return to a project that uses Playmaker, that window may not recover.

It's good to save layouts so you can quickly reload them. Or have different layouts for different projects.

I wish Unity would make layouts per project instead of global to avoid this confusion! Or just not show tool windows not used in the current project...

HermitStudio

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 01:31:21 PM »
Hi,

I've been having a similar problem and this happened to me twice now that the playmaker menus and panels disappear. I did not swap from a project that wasn't using playmaker, such as mentioned above, but instead it has happened at random when I have opened up my project that had been working fine with playmaker up until the point I quit unity the day before.

The first time I fixed it by making an export unity package of all my assets and any required playmaker scripts (eg globals) and Unity input setup etc. Then I created a new project by importing all the assets packages I had in my original project, then imported my custom package and then it seemed to work with play maker again until just now.

I can't afford to lose a big chunk of day every now and then at random in my development so it would be good to know what is going on to help cut down the impact.

I haven't upgraded to the latest unity 3.5.0f5 and I'm on the Mac, if you think I should upgrade let me know.

Any other tip or suggestions that might explain it?

Also how do I refresh/reload a layout? The layout I created which showed the playmaker windows as well as the usual unity panels is still available to me to select. Though if I reselect it in the drop down it doesn't show now the playmaker panels, just the unity ones.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm fairly new to this and there are deadlines involved :D

Thanks in advance,

Hermit Studio

« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 01:36:08 PM by HermitStudio »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 08:35:50 PM »
We have a couple of reports of this, but I'm not sure exactly what causes it.

Things to try:

Fix any errors in the Unity console. For example, if you have a script with compile errors, it could stop Unity from compiling Playmaker on startup.

Reset the layout by loading one of the default layouts (e.g., 2 x 3)

Reboot your computer. Sometimes this can help Unity get out of a bad state.

Exit Unity and delete the Temp folder in your project.

I suspect the first thing is the most important. Has this ever happened to you with no errors in the console?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 12:35:50 PM »
Worked this out offline, but for anyone with the same problem:

... what I did was fix the errors (commented out the code for now with the problem) then saved the project and quit Unity then reopened Unity, selected another layout (2 by 3) and then selected my custom playmaker layout and it was fine. The menu and panels are all loaded as normal :)

tom3d

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: [SOLVED] EditorWindow could not be Loaded
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 08:52:26 AM »
I’ve just got the same problem, none of the fixes posted here worked for me. Are there any other ideas for a Fix?

tom3d

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 12:05:38 PM »
OK Fixed it, I just I just kept trying the fixes a few more times. I definably want open another project unless it has playmaker loaded. Thanks, Tom

Artisan

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 02:54:36 AM »
Same here. I think this problem has happen quite consistent enough it needs to be fixed. I have no such problem with uScript.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 07:29:12 PM »
I'll ping Unity about this. Not sure why Unity stops compiling some editor scripts when there are errors in unrelated scripts...

I've yet to see a case of this that wasn't caused by compiler errors in the Unity console. That should always be the first thing to double/triple check.

mickman

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 05:33:22 PM »
Yup having the same issue.
  " EditorWindow could not be loaded because the script is not found in the project "

So I just downloaded PM again from the Asset Store. and all is fine. 

But hey ... I'm sure it'll pop its ugly head up again.   

Mick