playMaker

Author Topic: Arraymaker HT Max Rows  (Read 1751 times)

SeriousRPG

• Playmaker Newbie
Arraymaker HT Max Rows
« on: July 28, 2015, 08:25:18 PM »
HI,
I have several Hashtables attached to a prefab. The Hashtables have pre-populated content (16 rows of string pairs) and I have "Live Update" set on. 

I use Photon and I use the "photon network instantiate" action to add my prefab to the scene. When it comes in, I am getting an error (ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.) and when I look at my scene object I notice the max rows are set to 10. It seems to be some sort of a default. If I manually set the max rows to 16, all is well and my data is there.

Shouldn't it be setting it to the max content automatically or is there another action I need to do at start state?

I am using PM 1.7.8.3, Photon 1.5.1

thanks,

Sandi

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Arraymaker HT Max Rows
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 01:23:57 AM »
Hi,

The max rows is only a visual help as a paging facility on large arrays to keep the height of the component reasonnable. But there may be a bug in there. I'll try to repro.

Bye,

Jean

SeriousRPG

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 05:30:15 PM »
I figured out more of the problem. The problem seems to happen if you have a pre-filled array and you change the keys. Originally I had it built as 0 - 8 then I changed it to 01-09, then I increased it to 17 then decreased it to 16. I think the problem occurred when I decreased it.

I was able to delete the hash tables and build them from scratch and that worked but it might not a viable long term solution since I am using these as user definable settings which a team lead will enter via a spreadsheet and therefore one teams entries might be more / less than another. I haven't added the Import/Export from Excel yet, so I am not sure if I will see this behavior when I use something other than the editor to modify the hash tables.

Anyways, hopefully this explains how you can re-create the issue.

Thanks,
Sandi

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 04:27:26 AM »
Hi,

Please bump me mid August on this ok? Going to Siggraph now, so I won't have time until then.

Bye,

Jean