playMaker

Author Topic: WebGL and Playmaker‏  (Read 2898 times)

joduffy

• Here to help
    • Online Playmaker Courses
WebGL and Playmaker‏
« on: September 30, 2015, 08:43:31 PM »
Hi Guys,

I tried to use webgl and got the following error:

Code: [Select]
Plugin 'PlayMaker.dll' is used from several locations:
 Assets/Plugins/PlayMaker/PlayMaker.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/PlayMaker.dll
 Assets/Plugins/PlayMaker/WebGL/PlayMaker.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/PlayMaker.dll
Please fix plugin settings and try again.

UnityEditor.Modules.DefaultPluginImporterExtension:CheckFileCollisions(String)
UnityEditorInternal.PluginsHelper:CheckFileCollisions(BuildTarget) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Plugins/PluginsHelper.cs:25)
UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

I looked online and found information about there needing to be support by the addon/plugin or a possible bug with unity5 but could not find any definite answers.

Does anyone know if playmaker is supported with this build type?
- Jonathan

Online Playmaker Courses available at:
http://courses.jonathanoduffy.com

“I want the world to be a better place because I was here.”  -  Will Smith

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: WebGL and Playmaker‏
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 12:35:04 AM »
The current version (1.7.8.3) should work fine with WebGL.

Please BACKUP your project then delete the Plugins/PlayMaker folder and re-import from the Asset Store.

If that doesn't fix the issue, please post the Unity and PlayMaker versions you're using.

kavery

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 01:39:43 AM »
I've given up trying to get 1.8 to work (stomach is in knots over it, not pointing blame but I gotta move on) I tried what you mentioned above for 1.7.3, but all it does is give me 100's of errors. Is there a document that describes a step by step way to upgrade or refresh playmaker? Would be nice to get back to the sail boat.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 02:56:05 AM »
There's an upgrade guide and troubleshooting tips here:
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W624

Normally when you get "100's of errors" it's because one important thing is broken, e.g., Unity can't find the correct Playmaker dll. Fixing the root problem often fixes all the errors in one go. So it's important to look at the first error, not the big list of errors.

If you have a project that you can't upgrade I'd like to see what's going wrong so we can improve the upgrade guide. If you could PM me a download link that would be great (don't post the project with Playmaker dlls).