playMaker

Author Topic: How to change Substance designer (.sbsar) input parameter with playmaker  (Read 5250 times)

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
Hey peeps

don't know if you guys know substance designer, but its really hot right now. you can build your own PBR shaders. all kinds of neat tricks can be done with it. check it out!!!

I need some help with changing the material parameter on .sbsar file that substance designer makes. it is a replacement for material, well actually it is a material its just called something .sbsar

So in substance designer i named the dirt level "dirt_level". substance designer provides a way to script it in unity so that you can do adjust these parameters. but i kinda can't code.

Ive watched the scripting videos on the playmaker youtube channel and have tried all the methods shown but no cigar. i also tried to do a set material float and that didn't work either.

is there a way to change it directly?

or
must i write a script and then use the send message action?

please any assistance will be appreciated.

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: How to change Substance designer (.sbsar) input parameter with playmaker
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 07:10:40 AM »
oh i also tried the set procedural float action. no luck there.

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 07:16:51 AM »
ok wait i have figured it out well kinda.

you use the set procedural float action to change the value. then you must use the rebuild textures action to achieve the value change.

this how ever is extremely slow. i saw that there are a couple of things one needs to do in script like caching. is there some sort of documentation on trying to achieve a smooth solution? basically any steps or instructions would really help.

thanks

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 08:21:40 AM »
ok last note and then i will wait for a reply.

looks like its just a lag that happens. the only work around that I've now implemented is having a set procedural float value to 0.1 and then having that load in the begging of the scene. and then flowing back into it after the value change. i provided a image.

I'm really thinking I'm missing something here. should i set property for cache sizes? completely noob here (i don't even know what property really does).

maybe could we get an action that solves this? one that maybe handles all the settings for us or whatever however it works.

ok rock on peeps!