playMaker

Author Topic: TextMeshPro Actions  (Read 2714 times)

slcrubes

• Playmaker Newbie
TextMeshPro Actions
« on: October 17, 2015, 08:23:28 PM »
Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new here, having just started using PlayMaker within the last month or two. So far, I've been really impressed with all of the actions people have been making and sharing...it has really made working with PlayMaker easy and pretty darn cool.

I started using TextMeshPro, which is also a pretty slick tool, but found that there are no PM actions for this tool. Apparently TextMeshPro Text components are their own class, and don't work with other GUI actions.

So, I decided to give it a shot and make my first custom actions. Here they are: one to Get the text value of the TextMeshProUGUI component, and one to Set the text value.

I don't know that much of what I'm doing, so I based them off of the U Gui Text Get Text and U Gui Text Set Text actions available on the Ecosystem. Obviously these are pretty simple actions, but anything is a start for TextMeshPro. I'm sure I'll be looking into other actions for these components as well, and I'll post them here. If anyone else wants to get in on the action, this would seem to be a good thread for posting them.

Thanks to everyone here for helping to make PM a great tool for Unity.

slcrubes

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: TextMeshPro Actions
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 12:51:10 AM »
Here's another quick one called Set TM Pro Alpha Value, which will set the Alpha level for a TextMeshProUGUI component. This works with the Animate Float action as well, so you can have nice smooth fades for TMPro components. Hope this is useful to others.