playMaker

Author Topic: Smooth Save for PlayMaker  (Read 14635 times)

Tricky_Widget

• Junior Playmaker
Smooth Save for PlayMaker
« on: October 18, 2015, 08:24:54 AM »

Unity Asset Store: Smooth Save for PlayMaker

Smooth Save is an easy and flexible save game solution for PlayMaker.

For simple games, you can save or load your whole game with a single action. It just works. It's that easy!

But if you need more power, Smooth Save is ready for that, too. You can reference any variable by a unique key and you can save as many data pools as you need. You can save exactly what you want, exactly the way you want it.

Smooth Save data is also cheat resistant. Instead of easily modified text files (XML, JSON, etc), it uses binary serialization. This prevents casual cheating by general users.

Provided are 37 PlayMaker actions that go far beyond PlayerPrefs. There are actions for saving variables in bulk, individual actions for each type, data pool management, memory debugging, result events, and more.

New in 1.2
Now featuring support for the new Array and Enum variables in PlayMaker 1.8!
You must use the "PlayMaker/Smooth Save/Configure..." menu to enable 1.8 support!

Smooth Save directly supports PlayMaker variables of type Bool, Color, Enum, Float, Int, Quaternion, Rect, String, Vector2, and Vector3. It also supports core GameObject properties, and Array variables of the types above. And it can save most any other value in the game indirectly with the Get Property and Set Property actions.

Smooth Save is the only save game asset built from the ground up specifically for PlayMaker. Don't pay more for functionality you won't or can't use!

Includes a demo scene and complete documentation.
Download the documentation here.

If you have any questions, just drop me a line.
support@ChristopherCreates.com

Unity Asset Store: Smooth Save for PlayMaker

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 03:12:35 PM by Tricky_Widget »

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
Re: New Asset: Smooth Save for PlayMaker
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 07:54:13 AM »
Looks good man... i'll get it soon.

foxdeltagames

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 01:01:31 PM »
Sweet. So does this save and load let me save all my global varibles and load them up when I need to? Also it will tell me where the data is saved, or let me pick where to save the data? Im excited for this asset cant wait to get it

Tricky_Widget

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 07:46:25 PM »
Sweet. So does this save and load let me save all my global varibles and load them up when I need to? Also it will tell me where the data is saved, or let me pick where to save the data? Im excited for this asset cant wait to get it

Glad to hear you're excited!  Smooth Save can save any/all of your globals with a single action and then load them back again with another.  Where it saves is fixed (Application.persistentDataPath), but it manages all the file operations automatically so you shouldn't need to worry about them.

If there's anything I can help you with, just let me know!

foxdeltagames

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 08:23:20 PM »
I need a bit of help. I bought your plug in, but I am not sure I am doing it right. I did the quick simple save and load section of your documentation, but when I run the "Copy Globals To Pool" I get an error which is pasted below.

Now for the FSM set I have set up is simple. I just made one FSM with the starting State having the A key to send the event to the other State which have the "Copy Pool To Globals", and the S key which send the event to an other state which have the "Copy Globals To Pool"

Am I doing something wrong? I looked and all my Global Variables are supported.

I also linked a few gayzo screen shots.

https://gyazo.com/88c20f85705bb19ae3ccf39493e6fd2c
https://gyazo.com/db7471b99d1d40e338b1b48007a7dea2
https://gyazo.com/1bcc1096b674bf311e3985bcebe67d20
https://gyazo.com/7e8c4d67b1b469a47ff33374cfa9d63c

NullReferenceException
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.SSBase.GameObjectToPool (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmGameObject fsmGameObject, System.String key, Boolean isGlobal) (at Assets/Smooth Save for PlayMaker/Scripts/Actions/SSBase.cs:244)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.SSBase.DoVariableAction (VariableAction variableAction, HutongGames.PlayMaker.NamedVariable fsmVariable, System.String key, Nullable`1 isGlobal) (at Assets/Smooth Save for PlayMaker/Scripts/Actions/SSBase.cs:79)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.SSBase.DoBatchVariableAction (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmVariables fsmVariables, VariableAction variableAction, System.String filter, FsmVariableType fsmVariableType) (at Assets/Smooth Save for PlayMaker/Scripts/Actions/SSBase.cs:181)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.SSSaveAll.OnEnter () (at Assets/Smooth Save for PlayMaker/Scripts/Actions/SSSaveAll.cs:22)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.CopyGlobalsToPool.OnEnter () (at Assets/Smooth Save for PlayMaker/Scripts/Actions/CopyGlobalsToPool.cs:23)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.ActivateActions (Int32 startIndex)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.OnEnter ()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.EnterState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.SwitchState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState toState)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateStateChanges ()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Update ()
PlayMakerFSM.Update ()

Tricky_Widget

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 09:01:29 AM »
I need a bit of help. I bought your plug in, but I am not sure I am doing it right. I did the quick simple save and load section of your documentation, but when I run the "Copy Globals To Pool" I get an error...

For those following along at home, this turned out to be a verification bug when a GameObject variable was set to None.  The official fix has been submitted and will be up on the asset store in a few days.  If you're having this trouble before then, just contact me and I'll get you the patch manually.

Thanks!

miketolsa

• Playmaker Newbie
  • Just love playmaker !!!
    • 4Buffs Productions
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 06:44:40 AM »
Could we use this plugin to save rather upload & download the proxy array list from database ?

Tricky_Widget

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 09:26:40 AM »
Could we use this plugin to save rather upload & download the proxy array list from database ?

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but ultimately what Smooth Save works with is PlayMaker variables.  So anything you can get into and out of variables could be saved.  Hope that helps!

PlaymakerNOOB

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 10:21:07 PM »
This asset looks really nice.

Sly

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 06:35:18 PM »
Hello,

Is it compatible with all the platform?
Like PS3, PS4, webplayer, computer etc...

Tricky_Widget

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 03:04:13 PM »
Version 1.2 supports the new Array and Enum variables in PM 1.8!

:)

Tricky_Widget

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 03:11:39 PM »
Is it compatible with all the platform?
Like PS3, PS4, webplayer, computer etc...

Smooth Save should work optimally on any platform that has a writable file system.  For those that don't (such as the web player), it has an option to save to XML which is stored in PlayerPrefs.  While not as efficient, that should make it fully functional on every Unity platform.

Matthew77

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Smooth Save for PlayMaker
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2016, 10:36:48 AM »
Just started using Smooth Save for my project, and I am very happy with it.
I'm a non-coder using playmaker for a turn-based strategy game. I need to save the positions and stats on hundreds of objects. Smooth Save provides simple playmaker actions that easily met my needs. One function did not work in Unity 5.4, but I contacted the developer and he instantly responded with a fix, everything is working great!

NinjaX

• XCO is the ULTIMATE IOS Ninja!!
    • XCOGAMES
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 06:15:13 PM »
Has anyone had any luck getting this to work ? Im building a game for the PS4 and so for nothing works right!
XCO is the ULTIMATE IOS Ninja, Beware for he sees Everything and Nothing all at once!

Unisonkid

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2017, 09:41:26 AM »
Does this asset work in 5.5?