playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker breaks after downloading UGUIproxy from Ecosystem  (Read 2624 times)

Seiryu33

Playmaker breaks after downloading UGUIproxy from Ecosystem
« on: November 30, 2015, 10:40:41 PM »
This is the third time it's happened, but all the actions in my Action Browser disappears only after downloading the UGUI package. As you see in the screenshot, my actions list is empty. I don't know what's causing it, but it can't be a coincidence for it happen more than once. I'm using Unity 5.0 and the most recent version of Playmaker. Any idea on what's causing it?  It's becoming an enormous headache. I included the error message I'm receiving.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Playmaker breaks after downloading UGUIproxy from Ecosystem
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 10:57:46 PM »
Can you copy/paste the full error message from the console?
I can't make it out from the screenshot...

Seiryu33

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 11:09:34 PM »
I've not touched any of the scripts or any of Playmaker's components either. I might as well be looking at the human brain.  It's the same error message every time but I'm clueless about what it's supposed to mean. Only thing I can make out of it is that it's an Assembly error.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 01:23:58 AM »
Hi,

Are you using Unity 5.0 exactly? or a later version. If you go to the Unity menu "About", it will give you the exact version, can you paste it here? I'll try with the excaty same version, cause this error is very odd indeed.

Are you on mac or windows?

Bye,

Jean

Seiryu33

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 01:56:05 AM »
5.00f4 exactly. I elected not to upgrade to the newest versions because the collision system in the upgrades is too confusing to use.  It's the Windows version. Thankfully I thought ahead a backed up my project, but it's only when I download UGUIproxy, which is what makes it so bizarre. i don't think i've seen anyone else encounter this error. Is it incompatible with 5.0?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 05:42:10 AM »
Hi,

That's the problem indeed. the new Unity UI system wasn't consistent in its design when it first launched, and so 5.0 is missing or has obsolete wrong types defined in its UI framework. I had the problem between 4.6+ and 5+ when I started supporting this UI framework.

Can you tell me more about the collision system in the upgrades? I would strongly encourage working this one out instead of try to keep using 5.0.

Bye,

Jean

Seiryu33

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 02:46:40 AM »
The biggest difference with the newest versions of Unity, I saw, was that the Rigidbody no longer has the Fixed Angle option and my characters kept rolling in place. I couldn't figure out how to keep them from falling over.  I managed to correct the problem by loading only the Set uGuiText action and the uGui Prefab. It's working fine now.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 07:04:02 AM »
Hi,

I am not sure what you mean, all constraints for position and rotation axis are available.

Can you make a screenshot or point to an url of the feature documentation available in previous version of Unit but not the latest? I am sure it's just a misunderstanding or a slight variation to it.

Bye,

Jean