playMaker

Author Topic: Catball Bounce  (Read 2972 times)

_adamturnbull

• Playmaker Newbie
Catball Bounce
« on: December 05, 2015, 07:05:48 AM »
Hi Guys,

I just released a personal game called 'Catball Bounce'. I created the game in Unity using Playmaker. It would be awesome to get some feedback! :) If you have 5 minutes to play it that would be great!

Download from Google Play for free - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.catflap.catballbalance

Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq9fl0eLT2Q

Thanks,
Adam (@_adamturnbull)

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
Re: Catball Bounce
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 02:37:19 PM »
This looks really good! I watched the trailer then decided "why not I need a reason to turn on the android tablet". The graphics look great. I had trouble signing into google play then realized I had to update google play on my end, so I only played a few rounds that registered on the leaderboards.

Anyway the only thing I thought I should say that slightly bothered me is the menu music ended abruptly and went to just sound effects on game start. In my opinion there should be some kind of "in game music", my suggestion would be to lower the menu music on game start but still have it playing in the background during the gameplay. When the game goes back to the menu just set it back to normal. It would keep the overall flow of the game going. Or if you do add different in game music make sure you transition it between the two well.

I feel like your game is something a publisher like "ketchapp" would be interested in publishing if you wanted to go that route. They may take big chunk but the exposure would be worth it if you were having trouble with it.

I did like the way you integrated the ads like crossy road did theirs. Less intrusive.

One more small thing, I went through your tutorial but after a few frames I wanted to  "just play" but there was no "skip" button so I had to go all the way through. I think players will go through your tutorial multiple times if there is a skip button but only once if there isn't(even if they need it).

Overall I liked the game, it was fun and very well designed. I liked the well thought out "meow"/cat related names for the unlockable cats.
Most Recent Published Games:
Juicy Theater - Android

_adamturnbull

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Catball Bounce
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 12:57:18 PM »
Hey serenefox,

Thanks for playing and for the great feedback. I really appreciate it!

I'll definitely look into everything you mentioned for the next update. You made a lot of great points! :)

Thanks,
Adam