playMaker

Author Topic: Get Mouse Button Down keeps firing  (Read 1451 times)

thirdeyenz

• Playmaker Newbie
Get Mouse Button Down keeps firing
« on: December 14, 2015, 10:28:46 PM »
Hi,

I've just updated to Playmaker 1.7.8.4 (thanks) and am running Unity 5.2.1f1 Personal.

Upon restarting my project I now find that left clicking my mouse button fires off Get Mouse Button Down (GMBD) in states that appear after the initial use of GMBD. So a state needs GMBD to progress, I left click and it fires its event, moves to the next state,  that finishes and moves to the next state which should stop and wait for GMBD to be fired again. However it acts like I've held the mouse button down and fires off anyway. It does this no matter how lightly I tap the mouse button. The event being fired off is custom and not FINISHED. This behaviour has only appeared with the latest update. I can fix it with a Wait I guess but I'd rather it worked properly.

Are you able to look into this please?

Thanks,
Ian

thirdeyenz

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Get Mouse Button Down keeps firing
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 12:26:04 AM »
The problem seems to stem from the storage of the boolean. It says it's true even well after being clicked. So it seems even if you don't store the value it still defaults to true and holds that value which sets off any other GMBD actions that should otherwise stop the progress of the states.

I'll keep using the old version until this is fixed.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 07:14:05 AM by thirdeyenz »