playMaker

Author Topic: UnityLearn 2D Platformer 100% to PlayMaker [FEBRUARY 2020]  (Read 7229 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
UnityLearn 2D Platformer 100% to PlayMaker [FEBRUARY 2020]
« on: December 18, 2015, 01:52:56 AM »
Hi Everyone,

The whole project is available on Github

It's basically a one to one port of a pure c# project made by the UnityLearn Team a while ago. This project is a 2d platformer using Mecanim for the characters animation, so there is a lot of material to learn and discuss.

It works on Unity from version 2020.2 onwards and works with PlayMaker 1.9.1 or up

I will be using and pointing to this project and particular Fsm/features when answering questions, so If you are learning PlayMaker, I would suggest you get a copy of this project somewhere on your harddisk so you can refer to it and experiment with it as well.

This project is also a very good support for benchmark and compare the performances between the exact same project with and without PlayMaker. The results are very positive, so this is great :)

You will find more infos on the Github readme page

Bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 03:35:58 AM by jeanfabre »

Rebooter

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: UnityLearn 2D Platformer 100% to PlayMaker [AUGUST 2019]
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 02:07:42 PM »
I downloaded this and opened it in Unity. I got a lot of errors as Playmaker isn't installed in the project at this point. I download and import Playmaker, but it doesn't add anything to the Unity menus and the Playmaker installer doesn't appear. All the errors about missing Playmaker stuff still shows.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 02:41:45 PM »
Hi,

Yes, because Unity can't run the PLayMaker welcome screen, so you need to manually import the package from the assets/PlayMaker/Editor/installs/ folder.

Bye,

Jean

Rebooter

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 11:01:18 AM »
Ok, I got it to load. Playmaker is installed and there are no errors, but I'm not seeing any FSMs on anything.

Rebooter

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 03:45:28 PM »
Ok, I got it working. I had loaded the scene in Assets\Scenes\Level, I had missed the 'PlayMaker Unity 2D Demo' folder.

I had started over and deleted the project folder and after getting Playmaker imported, I had to comment out line 11 of the file  'PlayMakerAnimationEventProxy.cs' because it needed PlayMakerUtils which wasn't there. After doing this I was able to get the PlayMaker installer to run. Then I installed the ArrayMaker package which I guess contains PlayMakerUtils and was then able to uncomment the line.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 03:54:08 AM »
Hi,

did you download the github project or the package from the Ecosystem?

The package from the ecosystem should have it all but PLayMaker.

Bye,

Jean

hoyoyo80

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 08:20:26 PM »
Would love to take a look at this :-*Strictly Unity 2019.2?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 01:26:49 AM »
Hi,

this kind of sample is best to be on its own project, and within the hub you can install several versions of Unity, so yes I would recommend using 2019 for this sample.

But, I haven't yet removed the old version on github: https://github.com/jeanfabre/PlayMaker--UnityLearn--2dPlatformer

so you could clone this one ( it uses submodules, so setup is a bit of work initially)

Bye,

Jean

hoyoyo80

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2019, 10:43:08 AM »
Hi @jeanfabre,

Download the package to learn, but it shows a lot of errors in unity 2019.2.17, around 304 errors pointing at playmaker action,custom action and some global namespace.

What could be the problem?

Thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2020, 03:53:13 AM »
Hi,

you need to have PlayMaker installed in your project, else, what are the first few errors you get?

Bye,

Jean

hoyoyo80

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 09:53:04 PM »
I forgot where i read the instruction, install PM first then import the project.
Some of the errors but there hundreds of it

Assets\PlayMaker Custom Actions\__Internal\PlayMakerActionsUtils.cs(5,14): error CS0101: The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'PlayMakerActionsUtils'

Assets\PlayMaker Custom Actions\__Internal\FsmStateActionAdvanced.cs(8,24): error CS0101: The namespace 'HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions' already contains a definition for 'FsmStateActionAdvanced'

Assets\PlayMaker Custom Actions\Array\GetGameObjectChildrenInArray.cs(13,15): error CS0101: The namespace 'HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions' already contains a definition for 'GetGameObjectChildrenInArray'

Assets\PlayMaker Custom Actions\Camera\SetSortingRendererLayer.cs(14,15): error CS0101: The namespace 'HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions' already contains a definition for 'SetSortingRendererLayer'

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\RectTransform\RectTransformContainsScreenPoint.cs(10,15): error CS0101: The namespace 'HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions' already contains a definition for 'RectTransformContainsScreenPoint'

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\RectTransform\RectTransformFlipLayoutAxes.cs(9,15): error CS0101: The namespace 'HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions' already contains a definition for 'RectTransformFlipLayoutAxis'

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\RectTransform\RectTransformGetAnchoredPosition.cs(17,15): error CS0101: The namespace 'HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions' already contains a definition for 'RectTransformGetAnchoredPosition'

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2020, 03:24:21 AM »
Hi,

you'll need to clean up that project, you seem to have duplicates of scripts.

open them in the project and check where are the duplicates. I am not too sure how that happens though.. did you manually moved things around?

BYe,

Jean

PalmlessPrayer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 12:08:36 PM »
I would love to have a look at this project but can't seem to get it working.

The steps I'm doing are.
1. Download full github repo
2. Open project with UnityHub
3. Choose lastest Unity version and select update project
4. Open Project in Unity and Import PlayMaker through the package manager

Playermaker won't load into the project it seems. It won't appear in as a ribbon at the top and I can't open the FSM view or anything.

Am I missing a step or doing it wrong?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2021, 01:44:17 AM »
Hi,

It's likely that playmaker was not fully installed, the wlecome wizard won't kick in if there are errors in the console. you have to manually import playmaker by importing the package located in Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Install/PlayMaker.1.9.X.unitypackage

I am going to have a look at this project and update it to 2020, so stay tune for that update

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2021, 03:35:28 AM »
Hi,

updated and created a new repository for Unity 2020, all worked well, apart from one action  ( move towards advanced) editor where it was using an api that Unity deprecated ( the action was updated as well).

The repository is here

Bye,

Jean