playMaker

Author Topic: Rewind Animation Doesn't?  (Read 2264 times)

mTruly

• Junior Playmaker
Rewind Animation Doesn't?
« on: January 10, 2016, 11:52:15 AM »
Unity 5.3.1/PlayMaker 1.8

I have a simple legacy animation of a cube moving across the screen.

I have a 'play' state containing a Play Animation action and a 'Rewind' button.

I have a 'rewind' state containing a Rewind Animation action.

When the 'play' state becomes active the animation plays properly from beginning to end.  But when the 'Rewind' button is clicked and the 'rewind' state is entered, the animation does NOT visibly rewind to the beginning.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a bug.

Thanks for any ideas!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 12:34:51 PM by mTruly »

mTruly

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Rewind Animation Doesn't?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 09:47:58 AM »
An update...

I have gotten the 'Rewind Animation' action to rewind the animation to the beginning.  But instead of rewinding to the beginning and stopping the animation on frame1... the animation immediately plays through again.  I want it to stop at the beginning after rewinding.

Essentially, since I am trying to create a set of simple animation playback controls (such as PLAY, PAUSE, REWIND, SLIDER SCRUB, Animation Time Display, etc.) and am running into issues with the animation actions... I'm wondering if these are bugs in the actions or my operator error in the way I'm trying to set things up... being a total novice with Playmaker.

I am not using Unity/Playmaker like others do... I am not trying to do animation within Unity.  I'm trying to take a finished animation (setup in another program such as 3dsMax) and have playback control of the animation in Unity.

Thanks again!

mTruly

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Rewind Animation Doesn't?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 10:55:55 AM »
CORRECTION!

I have NOT got 'Rewind Animation' to work!  I was mistaken.  'Rewind Animation' still is not working.

What I had setup to work was to use 'Set Animation Time' to 0.  But as I mentioned... it will make the animation go to the beginning but when it does, it immediately starts playing through again... which is not what I want.

'Rewind Animation' is doing nothing at the moment.

Sorry for the confusion.  Thanks!