playMaker

Author Topic: 3D Side Scroller Problems & Recommendations  (Read 2458 times)

ergin

• Junior Playmaker
3D Side Scroller Problems & Recommendations
« on: January 21, 2016, 02:30:42 AM »
Hello,

I'm working on a new 3D side scroller "Mike, the Zombie Hunter". I target android as main platform. I have some issues and curious if you have any recommendations.

1) Get Position. I'm using Get Position Action to detect the current position of the player. However I can't use it to get postion once(interval based) because if it stops, it disables every other FSM in the game along with it's own FSM.

2) I use Set Position Action(Every Frame and Late Update, turned off) to update position of the road, background objects and enemy objects so I use them once and reposition them to tile and create a seamless and endless platform. Do you think this is the best way to update positions of the objects in the game.

3) When new objects apper in the screen for the first time, dramatic framerate drop happens for once.(Both on devices and unity editor) I solved this by hiding them behind the road when the game begins, then repositioning them to their positions. Do you think there is a better way.

4) My Characters are rigged with skin but I don't use any physics to calculate their interaction, instead I use distance and touch based calculations. Do you think it would be better to use physics.(frame rate,cpu,...)

Thanks.