playMaker

Author Topic: [Fixed] Linker Wizard not working in Unity 5.3.2  (Read 2507 times)

maccesch

• Playmaker Newbie
[Fixed] Linker Wizard not working in Unity 5.3.2
« on: February 06, 2016, 08:11:00 AM »
Hi,

I just updated to Unity 5.3.2 and when I have the Linker Wizard activated and want to run the game to record the usages I get this error two times and the game freezes:

InvalidOperationException: This cannot be used during play mode.
UnityEditor.SceneManagement.EditorSceneManager.MarkSceneDirty (Scene scene) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorSceneManagerBindings.gen.cs:148)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.UpdateHelper.SetDirty (HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm fsm) (at Assets/PlayMaker/UpdateHelper.cs:40)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.CheckIfDirty () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1002)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.InitData () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1266)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Init (UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour component) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1169)
PlayMakerFSM.Init () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:240)
PlayMakerFSM.Awake () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:202)

Seems to to relate to the deactivation of some changes in Unity 5.3.2: http://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/unity-5.3.2#section-changes

So I cannot deploy the game at the moment  :(

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:24:41 AM by maccesch »

rustedgames

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Linker Wizard not working in Unity 5.3.2
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 11:08:24 AM »
I´m getting the very same error just when playing the unity ads sample from ecosystem. Unity 5.3.2p1 and Playmaker 1.8.0.f41

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 11:22:58 AM »
Yeah, it looks like Unity made some changes in 5.3.2. Will have an update asap. In the meantime please stick with 5.3.1.

EDIT: Can you try importing the attached unitypackage to see if it fixes the error in 5.3.2. (I'm installing 5.3.2 now but it's taking a while to download).

EDIT: So this patch fixes the error for me. Note, the error happens when you have old FSMs that need updating in Playmaker 1.8.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 12:47:36 PM by Alex Chouls »

maccesch

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 05:23:51 AM »
It works for me too. Thank's alot, that was very fast. You're awsome! :)