playMaker

Author Topic: UGUI Text: UI Target is not a valid UI Component[SOLVED]  (Read 3086 times)

Alatriste

UGUI Text: UI Target is not a valid UI Component[SOLVED]
« on: October 08, 2015, 02:40:31 PM »
Hi, I just started using the uGUI and trying things after watching the tutorials, but although I made work the button, I cannot remove the warning "UI Target is not a valid UI component" from the Playmaker uGUI proxy component, when I try to add a text UI object instead. Is it normal? Will I have problems in the future if I don't clean this warning?

The thing is that I can run the FSM and I can change the value of the string either directly or through a variable, but the warning is still there and I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

I read in other post that the Target should be targeting the text component itself, but when I try to drag it and drop it, nothing happens. The component is rejected and doing it through get property/set property doesn't clean the warning either.  :-\ 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 02:19:35 AM by jeanfabre »

cheshirekatsmile101

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: UGUI Text: UI Target is not a valid UI Component
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 02:33:37 AM »
I am having trouble with this as well. I can not get any text activity at all. I wonder what I am doing wrong. nothing seems to work. fiddlesticks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 07:46:21 AM »
Hi,

yes, this is an important warning that you must correct.

basically, the proxy you dropped onto your gameobject doesn't find any UI components.

so, either, instead of "use owner" you choose "Specify GameObject" and drop the GameObject with your UI text component on it", or you add the UI Component proxy on the object that has this UI Text.

also, make sure you are using the proper UI Text from Unity new UI system and not something else, like a meshText, or GuiText etc.

Bye,

Jean

Alatriste

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 03:06:30 AM »
Thanks for your reply Jean, I missed your answer! :)