playMaker

Author Topic: Twitter?  (Read 15204 times)

dudebxl

Re: Twitter?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 04:04:40 PM »
Cool
.. let me know if it works for you. thx

laynardo

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 09:51:02 PM »
ok. so i get a "WWW object is null!" in the error string. Did I do my query wrong? Do I need to add a WWW object before this Action?

dudebxl

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 12:35:46 PM »
Laynardo please read the intro i made. No point writing how to use something if you don't read then wonder why it does not work.

For example: (q=Ufo)(count=100)(result_type=popular)

if you want only ufo then it would be (q=Ufo) - also read the twitter api documentation so that you can understand what q= means because again if you took the time to read api doc (and my intro) you would not be asking why it does not work.

:P
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 12:37:58 PM by dudebxl »

laynardo

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 02:15:48 PM »
Yea, I read it. and the twitter documentation. I tried plugging the query in a bunch of different formats, including that one you listed above. Just plugging UFO in was a last try I guess. I'll figure it out, and truly appreciate your help. I'll keep you guys posted when I figure out. Sorry if I sound dumb :o

dudebxl

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 02:35:54 PM »
You are not dumb !! but you did not explain well your situation.  So what is the problem.. Let's break it down..

The query will only work is this format (Parameters=Value) so each open/close bracket is a section of the query. so you build each section of the query with the open/close bracket.

If you use the Query (keep everything the same except replace Ufo in query with this):  (q=Ufo)(count=2)(result_type=popular)

Do you get the json results?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 02:38:26 PM by dudebxl »

laynardo

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2016, 03:01:15 PM »
I replaced the ufo query with (q=Ufo)(count=2)(result_type=popular), and kept everything else the same. I didn't get any json results, I don't think. Here is a screenshot.

dudebxl

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2016, 04:01:30 PM »
Ok... Try with debug on.. don't publish here the result but check if the oauth is correct (all your keys are correct/good) and that you are connecting. You are getting an error (if it was working you would get a no result from twitter or something in the Json field).

laynardo

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2016, 05:21:46 PM »
oookkk... so i triple checked all my keys. one of them had an extra space at the end. I am getting data now.

I just need to figure out how to convert that to xml in datamaker now.I know there is a Convert Json String To Xml Node, i just need to figure out how to use it. I'll keep you posted.

dudebxl

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2016, 06:24:20 PM »
cool,

so you confirm that it is working then? If yes than i will post on ecosystem..

thx

laynardo

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2016, 06:26:25 PM »
it works! I converted it to xml with datamaker, and am parsing out nodes successfully. This is amazing!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2016, 03:12:58 AM »
Excellent news!

Bye,

Jean

calculmentor

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2016, 06:47:41 AM »
AMAZING!!!!!!
works here like a charme!
thx
n.
calcul mentor

*designer*

laynardo

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2016, 11:32:29 AM »
I am going to look into how to remove the URL it adds at the end. I couldn't find anything in the API docs yet to just turn it off. I know twitter wants it in there.

dudebxl

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2016, 01:04:18 PM »
@laynardo

I am trying to use datamaker with the twitter Json. Could I ask for a favour. Could you explain to me how you would get for example the text data from json result. i have never used datamaker and I would be good to get a bit of guidance.

+ i would like to publish the explanation (if you are willing to the twitter api forum page) so that new users understands how to fully use it. :)

or mdotstrange, if you want to give it a try, please do.. :)

figured it out by watching this: from mdotstrange, many thanks for it..  :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 01:29:12 PM by dudebxl »

laynardo

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2016, 06:10:13 PM »
oh! hah. I was getting to write it out, but yea, that is the same video I watched. Some things that I did notice, and still working through are:
-Having trouble with the data refreshing, haven't gotten that to work yet. Even on loop. It only refreshes after each build.
-Removing the t.co url from the string somehow.