playMaker

Author Topic: Character Controller Get Axis Vector Sticking Down [UNITY BUG]  (Read 2170 times)

FractalCore

• 1.2 Beta
I've been having the direction keys stick down while trying to make my own character controller with Playmaker.

At first I thought it was because I was using the old Character Motor script with Unity 5, but it turns out it happens with my own system too.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the system I'm using for it right now, but the more standard system using a Character Controller and a Controller Simple Move action has the same problem.

It only happens every now and then so it's hard to track down. Never used to happen in Unity 4 or possibly earlier Unity 5 versions. Or maybe it's only since I started using the Playmaker 1.8.0f43 beta.

So has anyone else experienced that, having Playmaker not detect you released a held button when using the Get Axis Vector action?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:48:54 AM by Alex Chouls »

FractalCore

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Character Controller Get Axis Vector Sticking Down
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 02:06:29 AM »
Nope, just found this...

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/arrow-keys-get-stuck-when-you-press-them.356479/

Looks like it's a known Unity bug. Been there for several months, and is still not fixed. I'm using Unity 5.3.2p4 and am about to try 5.3.3p1.

Edit. Still broken.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 03:00:24 AM by FractalCore »