playMaker

Author Topic: Google Cardboard GazeInput using Playmaker  (Read 8184 times)

andycoke

• Playmaker Newbie
Google Cardboard GazeInput using Playmaker
« on: March 20, 2016, 03:38:49 PM »
Posting here as a follow on from another thread, where I ran into a wall -
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=12326.new;topicseen#new

Following the steps from the previous post:

1. Whatever object you wish to turn into a gaze trigger, make sure it has a Collider component. Note that you *don't* have to check "IsTrigger"--it will work anyway.
*Clear

2. Attach Playmaker's Raycast action to an FSM in the MainCamera inside Cardboard's Head object.
*Clear

3. On the Raycast action, set Direction to X: 0, y: 0, Z: 1. This makes the raycast always aim directly forward from the Main Camera.
*Clear

4. Set the Hit Object and Hit Event to any variables you like, and you're done!
*This is where I am going wrong.

In a really simple example, I have a cube and I have used Playmaker to set up 2 states. Using Set Material colour, mouseEnter is red, mouseExit is black. This works fine pre Cardboard. After Steps 1-3, what do I need to do to make this work with GazeInput and Gaze click?

Much appreciated if anyone can help.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 05:25:55 AM by andycoke »

KevCJones

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Google Cardboard GazeInput using Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 05:34:18 AM »
Also curious if anyone has figured this  out - so far i've opted to using the GazeInputModule for events + an Event Trigger on the object i want to emit gaze events from which i call ICardboardGazeResponder function OnGazeEnter,OnGazeExit and OnGazeTrigger on.

Not ideal because i was trying to make the editing as single minded as possible for a less than confident Unity artist.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Google Cardboard GazeInput using Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 01:57:47 AM »
Hi,

Sorry for the necro :)

There is a gaze input simple demo on the Ecosystem that will help you get what you want I think:

https://twitter.com/JeanAtPlayMaker/status/746280207510831105

If not, let me know.

Bye,

Jean