playMaker

Author Topic: Need help - I pay for 3 hours support - PUN Setup  (Read 4512 times)

heiterbiswolkig

• Playmaker Newbie
Need help - I pay for 3 hours support - PUN Setup
« on: March 27, 2016, 03:59:15 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am new in Unity and Playmaker. I know the most basic stuff but far away from making something worth telling  :-[
My problem is that I have an idea but not too much time to learn and experiment. (I wish Unity and Playmaker would have been available during my students time - born too early ;)
So here I am: I would like to pay someone that knows how to make a multiplayer setup for 2-10 users with playmaker and PUN. I tried online tutorials and the Easy PUN Asset but there is always something not working and i dont get to debug it.(the time problem). I think that a 3 hours session via screensharing should do the job.

I hope its ok to ask here in the forum - if not please let me know and I delete the post.
If its ok I would be really happy to hear from someone that can help me. You can contact me via forum, pm or skype: f.lohberger
The price is up to you as long as i can still can pay my rent afterwards  :o

Thank you !
Florian

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Need help - I pay for 3 hours support - PUN Setup
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 01:58:30 AM »
Hi,

Let's see if members are contacting you, you should also be pro active and contact the members you saw replying successfully to PUN questions and trouble.

However, you should really express your problems on this forum and create topics, I am sure you will get replies ( provided you make precise statements and digestable questions :) )

Have you gone throught the complete tutorial I created on the wiki? this is important that your first steps are guided with a tutorial, I know it's not what you want to do for your game, but it will teach you the necessary basics in order to apply these basics into your own project.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/?W928

the direct link to the tutorial itself:
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W927

let me know how this goes and meanwhile hopefully you' ll find someone to guide, else pm if you haven't found anyone and we'll arrange sessions.

Bye,

Jean

heiterbiswolkig

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 05:07:28 PM »
hi jeanfabre,
hi all

thanks for the answer. None has been found so far, so I decided to make it the hard way ... step by step - each night one hour and by the end of the year I'll have it ;)

First question:
In the enabler fsm. Why game, chat and menu objects must be controlled by variable? Can't i just use the action Activate Game Object and select Specifiy Game Object ?

thanks!

greatings Florian

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 02:12:27 AM »
Hi,

Good! don't worry, if you apply a steady pace, you'll be up and running quick :)

Yes of course, it's just cleaner to expose references of scene objects as variable which then can be exposed in the Inspector.

Bye,

Jean

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 05:42:57 AM »
Hi jean,
I have not yet worked with Pun yet but i am interested to make a video tutorial for it.
May i use/edit your demo file for making the tutorial?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 05:58:53 AM »
Hi,

Yes, this demo is meant to cover the very basics and most important aspect of PUN.

However. Hold your horses. I am in talk with Exitgames, and I'll likely update this to use the new Unity UI system, which will be a lot better then a demo using the old UI.

So I think that as a first step, get acquainted with PUN, to understand it and get back to me when you are good to shoot your tutorial, I'll provide with a proper update on this.

And I am actually interested in your take and approach on explaining things, being french, it's tricky for me to find the right wordings, so I would actually be ok to either reword the wiki tutorial to match your explanations, or we could work on a new tutorial, together?

Bye,

Jean

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 12:23:49 PM »
Hi,
I did not look yet to the demo :)
Indeed it will be better to use the new ui system.

If the basics from your demo stay the same i can update it and you can use it to update the wiki if you want.

I will try to check out your demo and do some research this week.
and i will let you know whats my plan.
The wording on the wiki looks fine to me, but English is not my native language neither.

Off course we can work on this together if you want, but i know that you have
a lot of pending work  ;)

heiterbiswolkig

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 05:54:42 PM »
Hi,
I am on the next fsm ... moving slow but ill never stop ;)

After reading this:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms711472(v=vs.85).aspx
I can understand why it is important to turn on message queuing, but is there a "show-stopper" reason to not leave it on all the time. In Menu : connection fsm you turn it off. Is it "just" for performance reasons?

Also perfectly happy if you give me link to read more about it ;)

Thank you very much!

Florian

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 01:46:13 AM »
Hi,

yes, you must handling message queuing properly, else plenty of bugs and weird things will happen. I can't remember what it was, but I clearly remember I struggled for days when I wrote the demo the first time, because I underestimated the critical aspect of message queueing management when joining a room.

so, turn it off for sure! :)

Bye,

Jean

heiterbiswolkig

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 05:31:02 PM »
hi,

Thx for Info!
Next question: In the Game : Quit Manager fsm, there is that Button to quit.
How do I manage to get the info that i press the button from an button fsm into the Game : Quit Manager fsm? With a global variable? I want to make it with the new UI.

I appreciate that you take time also to answer also such newbie questions ;)

bye,
Florian

(PS.: I noticed that when I click on the Game : Quit Manager link in the Critical fsm list on https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W927 I land on the Game : Master Client switch watcher fsm site.
I came to the Game : Quite Manager by copy paste the link out of the Demoworker sample from the Game object's Inspector.)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 02:30:39 AM »
hi,

Can you make individual posts so that each thread is on a clear topic? it will be easier for others to search and find information, thanks :)

Don't use a global variable for quiting. simply use the OnClick event from the new Ui Button to send a PlayMaker event, and use the uGui Proxy you can get from the Ecosystem.

I did not get your Ps, can you rephrase?

Bye,

Jean

Bye,

Jean

heiterbiswolkig

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 05:31:11 PM »
hi ,

ok sure - thanks!

when I click on "Game : Quit Manager" (at the end of the page) on the website: https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W927
I land on the "Photon DemoWorker Master Client switch watcher" website.
Is that ok?

Ill try out the uGui ... found your youtube videos about that! thank you!

rdgs, Florian

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 02:02:56 AM »
Hi,

Good catch :) I corrected the link, now it will point to the right page to learn about that fsm.

Bye,

Jean