playMaker

Author Topic: Ecosystem MarkDownGui Error  (Read 1449 times)

Spooktergeist

• Playmaker Newbie
Ecosystem MarkDownGui Error
« on: April 15, 2016, 02:15:33 PM »
Whenever I try to install Ecosystem, I get four errors that I can't find any solution to.
I've been searching for answers for hours and can't find any relevant.

I am using Unity version 4.7.1f1
Playmaker cersion 1.7.8.4
Ecosystem version 0.4.5

Here the errors in order

Assets/net.fabrejean/Editor/MarkDownSharp/MarkdownGUI.cs(192,52): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.TextEditor' does not contain a definition for `cursorIndex' and no extension method `cursorIndex' of type `UnityEngine.TextEditor' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/net.fabrejean/Editor/MarkDownSharp/MarkdownGUI.cs(195,111): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.TextEditor' does not contain a definition for `cursorIndex' and no extension method `cursorIndex' of type `UnityEngine.TextEditor' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/net.fabrejean/Editor/MarkDownSharp/MarkdownGUI.cs(195,86): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `Net.FabreJean.UnityEditor.MarkdownSharp.MarkdownParser.TryGetHyperLinkAt(int, out bool)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/net.fabrejean/Editor/MarkDownSharp/MarkdownGUI.cs(195,86): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `int'

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Re: Ecosystem MarkDownGui Error
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 11:19:53 PM »
I've had this error before- When I get errors like that I usually delete the offending file- and a few others it might list after that- probably not the best way but its worked a few times  :)

If you can do it for your project might want to upgrade to Unity 5.3.x and Playmaker 1.8.x -some big improvements in Playmaker in 1.8- the ability to create new variables in the action window is worth it alone imo-

Also nice to see you here my friend  :) If you need help getting it working contact me on skype.
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 04:09:38 AM »
Hi,

yes, I need to update the Ecosystem to work on Unity 4.7 I'll try to make an update early next week. Being in the middle of major changes for the Ecosystem, it's tricky to release currently...

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 03:10:36 AM »
Hi,

Ecosystem updated at last :) get it from the wiki directly as usual

Bye,

Jean