playMaker

Author Topic: PlayMaker mecanim "Get" or "Set" Animator Boolean? [SOLVED]  (Read 3582 times)

Shadowdawnz

• Playmaker Newbie
PlayMaker mecanim "Get" or "Set" Animator Boolean? [SOLVED]
« on: April 19, 2016, 06:34:50 AM »
Hey Guys first time posting on these boards.

Usually, I find my answers to my questions with a easy Google search into the forums but today, I'm having issues with this one. I did find a similar question but the answer wasn't clear, unfortunately.

So, I have one boolean parameter setup called Walking and I'm trying to access that boolean in Playmaker with the Set Animator Bool. For some reason the boolean doesn't show up in the parameter drop down menu for the action. Is there a method to retrieving parameters from the Animator in Playmaker?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 10:23:19 AM by Alex Chouls »

Zeldag

Re: PlayMaker mecanim "Get" or "Set" Animator Boolean?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 08:33:57 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum!!

For the animator actions I find that if you type in the exact (case sensitive) name of the parameter you are trying to get/set, instead of chosing a variable from the list, then playmaker picks it up easily and does what you need.

So whatever your bool is called in animator just type that into the parameter box. As long as youre targeting the right gameobject (which holds that animator with that bool), you will get/set that bool.

If you did want to actually use a variable for one of the many reasons that it is useful in, I believe you will need to use the get/set property and save the animator's bool into a playmaker bool. Then you can just chose that bool (but ive never done this, just think it should work theoretically). If you must do it this way to achieve what you want and dont get what Im saying, let me know and Ill break it down more.

Anyway for that part here is the get/set property tutorial:
But as I was saying initially, if you just want to control the animator in playmaker, typing in the name of the parameter you want to influence is more than enough in quite a lot of cases. (So just type 'Walking' where the action asks for a parameter).

Good luck with it, hope this helps.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 08:35:40 AM by Zeldag »

Shadowdawnz

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 09:08:09 AM »
Strange! For your first suggestion, I had initially tried that and it didn't work. But I did reinstall the animator events for playmaker prior to creating the forum thread and didn't think of trying it again. I apologize.

Thank you!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 02:24:50 AM »
Hi,

So you got it working right?

you don't need to use a Variable to reference an Parameter, simply input it as a regular string.

Bye,

Jean

Shadowdawnz

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 08:10:13 AM »
Yep got it working.

Thank you!