playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Game Controller Vibration, Rumble, Force Feedback  (Read 4368 times)

jameskyle

• Playmaker Newbie
I've tried searching and haven't found anything on this so I figured I'd ask...

Are there Playmaker actions to enable game controller force feedback? I've seen a thread with zero replies asking for help/information on XBOX One controller vibration but nothing else. I'm hoping that the XB1 controller's more complex rumble features are what led to the lack of replies and that there's an easy way to enable various degrees of vibration on XBOX 360 compatible controllers.

If anyone could give me some help or advice on this I'd greatly appreciate it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 09:40:27 AM by jameskyle »

jameskyle

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Game Controller Vibration, Rumble, Force Feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 09:22:32 AM »
Having found that I'd need to be accessing XInput functions I was able to narrow down what I needed to search for and eventually reached this: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=11129.0

It's a Playmaker action that can enable rumble on XInput-compatible controllers. Unfortunately either it's a bit basic or I'm doing something wrong with it as while I can get the pad I have connected to rumble with either motor, I have very little control over how long it lasts, nor does the action ever seem to end so the FINISHED transition is never called.

Has anyone seen this and had any success using it, or is there a better action out there?

Edit: Being a bit lazy I probably should have experimented a bit more and thought about the problem before posting. Here's what I'm doing...
1 FSM that is applying the rumble effect to controller 0
1 FSM that changes the values of float variables in the FSM above.(On/off, left motor, right motor)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 09:39:33 AM by jameskyle »

fletcherkildren

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: [SOLVED] Game Controller Vibration, Rumble, Force Feedback
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 02:08:19 PM »
Hi! Since you seem to be the only one who has ever really gotten anywhere with this topic, may I ask how you did this? I have the Xinput stuff from the link you gave, but am not 'getting' your FSM structure. Thanks!

Ghettokon

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: [SOLVED] Game Controller Vibration, Rumble, Force Feedback
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2022, 05:42:26 AM »
I would like to find out too, thanks!!