playMaker

Author Topic: Paymaker: Execute in editor mode[NOFIX]  (Read 2374 times)

Sly

Paymaker: Execute in editor mode[NOFIX]
« on: May 22, 2016, 07:31:22 PM »
Hello,

Actually I'm capable to make script in unity to make editor tool. The script will execute in editor mode (not in play mode).
I was wondering if there is a way to use playmaker in editor mode too. I want to make some editor tool for my project, and it could be cool to use playmaker.

It's maybe a stupid question because it seems playmaker system will only be executed in play mode (or a build for sure)

Note: For example for my script I use ExecuteInEditMode http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/ExecuteInEditMode.html

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 04:07:43 AM by jeanfabre »

Sly

Re: Paymaker: Execute in editor mode
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 08:40:26 AM »
Ptit bump  :)

Zeldag

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 11:58:54 AM »
Hi,

Im just a noob, but this same question was recently answered by some expert playmaker and  the answer was no.

Here is a link to the thread; http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=12268.0

Sorry that it is not the answer you seemed to want, but still hope that clears it up for you.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 04:30:43 AM »
Hi,

yeah, unfortunatly, PlayMaker is only executing its logic at runtime.

What would like to do during editing with PlayMaker?

Bye,

Jean

Sly

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 09:42:43 AM »
Thanks to your answer.

Basically, I want to do Editor Tool using some interface.
For example, I'm making level designer tool, to let people manipulate room, object using an UI menu. I want to have some buttons to add prefab room to my level, in editor mode. So it's easy to manipulate things for me or other level designer.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 03:44:37 PM »
Hi,

The closest thing to PlayMaker for editor ( that is non scripted) is utomate.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/7703

Study what it can do, and maybe you'll find good use case for your work.

I am using it to change prefab properties for example depending on how I want to test a scene. I am using it for  *ALL* packages you find on the Ecosystem, now everytime I make an update, I click on button and packages are properly done, no missing file, always saved in the same place, etc etc. So for me, this is en essential part of my daily routine.

for your case, I think however that you may find it too dedicated for publishers. I don't think it's suitable for level editing per say without writing custom actions ( uTomate also use the Action paradigm).

Bye,

Jean

Sly

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 02:30:00 PM »
Hello,

I don't like to add too much system in the same project, it will be too messy I guess, even it's the system is good.
I'm able to do custom action, so that's mean I will be able to do it in script, so I will probably go that way.

But thanks a lot for all your advices guyz!