playMaker

Author Topic: Xml Select Single Node set xPath Query by string variable?[SOLVED]  (Read 3263 times)

looi

• Playmaker Newbie
Hello!

I'm using the action Xml Select Single Node action, which is in the DataMaker package. I am using a xml file as source.

When I do the action with an xPath Query introduced by text it works fine, but the problems comes when I want to set the xPath Query by an string variable. It just don't allow me to select any string. I mean, they appear in the dropdown, but when I select one, the input remains in "None".

If I try to do it at runtime, it appears this error in the console:

"ArgumentException: Object type HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmString cannot be converted to target type: System.Boolean
Parameter name: val
System.Reflection.MonoField.SetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object val, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoField.cs:133)
System.Reflection.FieldInfo.SetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object value) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/FieldInfo.cs:150)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionEditor.DoVariableSelection (System.Object userdata) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/ActionEditor.cs:2779)
UnityEditor.GenericMenu.CatchMenu (System.Object userData, System.String[] options, Int32 selected) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/GenericMenuBindings.gen.cs:122)"

So I don't know if I am missing something or what, but I can't find why it happens. I've also tried to set it as "None" and then add more variables, but it just don't work...

Have somebody been in this problem?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 04:05:24 AM by jeanfabre »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Xml Select Single Node set xPath Query by string variable?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 08:20:18 PM »
Hi,

cannot be converted to target type: System.Boolean

this says that it wants to convert to a bool but it can't

Can you check if your variable is set to a string and not to a bool?

if that did not solve, could you show some pictures on how it worked and not worked.
and from your variables.

looi

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Xml Select Single Node set xPath Query by string variable?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 04:15:44 AM »
Oh Oh!

It was my fault, I was incorrectly using the variables inside the parsed string! I didn't understand what "Variable _0_" means but now I do!

Thanks to this magnífic video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB_E4embTvw