playMaker

Author Topic: SetProperty Action "Set Value" not showing anymore [SOLVED]  (Read 4214 times)

Mirza

• Playmaker Newbie
In a completely fresh project (and all my other projects...) after importing Playmaker 1.8.1 directly from the Asset Store, SetProperty doesn't display the Set Value option. In an active project I have, I noticed that some of the actions I've added from before have the option, but if I add a new SetProperty action, it doesn't show.

Moreover, the only way for me to use the Set Value option is if I copy/paste the working action and re-use that and change the Target Object. But this doesn't work for my other newer projects since I have no working action to reference.

The only way around this for me is to copy over the action across projects, then use the working reference action from the FSM. This isn't an ideal solution, but it's all I can do for now.

Another image for reference where I was trying to modify the isTrigger of a Box Collider -- but I can't.

I think even my GetComponent is messed up:

The image above is from a tutorial video I was checking to see how it should look like, and then below you have mine.

This is using Unity 5.3.5p1.
I've been up for a while, so I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm losing it.

EDIT: Upgraded to 5.3.5p3 - still no difference with a fresh project.

EDIT 2: Another thing I noticed is that the properties available between the broken and working actions are different, even though there's only one Playmaker Action script for SetProperty in my new project.

In the second image for the non-working action, I have that extra isActiveAndEnabled property.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 08:13:53 PM by Mirza »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: SetProperty Action "Set Value" not showing anymore
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 05:07:07 PM »
It looks like there's a bug when creating a Set Property action with the new context menus. A Set Property action should have a Set Value parameter, not a Store XXX parameter. It seems like the Set Property is getting confused with the Get Property action, which would also explain the different menu choices (not all properties can be set).

I'm investigating the cause now, but the workaround is to add the Set Property action from the Action Browser, or Reset the action in the Action Settings Menu (the small cog in the top right of each action's title bar).

Let me know if this is the same thing you're seeing...

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 05:25:38 PM »
While I investigate this bug, please import the attached package which should fix the specific issue for now...

Mirza

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 08:05:59 PM »
It looks like there's a bug when creating a Set Property action with the new context menus. A Set Property action should have a Set Value parameter, not a Store XXX parameter. It seems like the Set Property is getting confused with the Get Property action, which would also explain the different menu choices (not all properties can be set).

I'm investigating the cause now, but the workaround is to add the Set Property action from the Action Browser, or Reset the action in the Action Settings Menu (the small cog in the top right of each action's title bar).

Let me know if this is the same thing you're seeing...

Confirmed, thank you! After resetting the action it works properly. The package you provided also fixes it without the need for resetting. This is certainly enough for me to move forward with, so I'll mark it as solved? Thanks again. :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 10:07:20 PM by Mirza »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
Re: SetProperty Action "Set Value" not showing anymore [SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 11:37:52 PM »
Thanks for reporting the problem and testing the workaround :)
I found the underlying problem. It will be fixed in the next update...