playMaker

Author Topic: traffic light simulation  (Read 2054 times)

strike88

• Playmaker Newbie
traffic light simulation
« on: June 22, 2016, 09:48:13 PM »
hello guys
i'm a bit new here in playmaker, so how do i setup a traffic light with timer , i dont know how this logic work and i can't find timer in action browser.

i just wanted to get some direction where i should go or some tutorial that i could use

thank you

Zeldag

Re: traffic light simulation
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 11:19:07 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum!

There is no timer action but you can use the 'get time info' action to carry out most timer based functions I think.
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W496

But for the way I can imagine a traffic light timer, then maybe just the 'wait' action will do it for you.

Also if youre just starting out with playmaker, check out a few tutorials before jumping in with your own project (despite the temptation), cos depending on how technical you are playmaker may be a totally ridiculous amount of menus to just get.

Good luck with it!

strike88

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 01:47:02 AM »
thank you for your reply!
does this traffic light had logic as light switch tutorial or i'm completely wrong about my setup

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 02:10:51 AM »
Hi,
There is a custom action called "countdown timer" on the Ecosystem (and many more custom actions)
But a wait function can do fine for this.

there is not really a traffic light tutorial,
a way you can do it is :

in the 1st state set the red light on and have a wait, then in the 2nd state turn of red and turn on green and a wait, and in the 3th turn of green and turn on orange and also a wait and loop it bacn to the 1st state

strike88

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 02:16:09 AM »
this is that i'm looking for

thank you