playMaker

Author Topic: After installing ArrayMaker from Ecosystem, getting compile errors[SOLVED]  (Read 2829 times)

sturmburg

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi,

I Have the latest version of Unity, PlayMaker, and the Ecosystem.  After I import ArrayMaker, get the following errors:

Assets/PlayMaker Utils/Event Properties/Actions/GetEventProperties.cs(12,22): error CS0101: The namespace `HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions' already contains a definition for `GetEventProperties'

Assets/PlayMaker Utils/Event Properties/Actions/SetEventProperties.cs(14,22): error CS0101: The namespace `HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions' already contains a definition for `SetEventProperties'

Assets/PlayMaker Utils/Extensions/PlayMakerUtils_extensions.cs(6,21): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `PlayMakerUtils_Extensions'

Assets/PlayMaker Utils/Internal/PlayMakerUtilsDotNetExtensions.cs(10,21): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `PlayMakerUtilsDotNetExtensions'

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 08:12:32 AM by jeanfabre »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: After installing ArrayMaker from Ecosystem, getting compile errors
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 01:10:27 AM »
Hi,
it means that you have duplicates of those 4 items (scripts)

GetEventProperties
SetEventProperties
PlayMakerUtils_Extensions
PlayMakerUtilsDotNetExtensions

the 1st 2 are actions, you can search them and delete one of them
the last 2 are extension you can try to delete the duplicates also but be sure to make a backup of your project folder 1st

did you have an older version installed or do you have other PM addons installed?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 01:26:24 AM »
Hi,

You'll simply need to delete the "PlayMaker Utils" folder and for example reimport ArrayMaker.

It's likely a mix up between an old version of the PlayMaker Utils and the new ones where I reorganised some of them scripts.

Bye,

Jean

sturmburg

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 07:46:38 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.  I did delete the PlayMaker Utils folder and then a complete fresh install of the latest PlayMaker and ArrayMaker and that fixed the problem.

Thanks again.

HAIRGROW

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: After installing ArrayMaker from Ecosystem, getting compile errors[SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 08:26:25 PM »
Hi, I've recently installed Array Maker via Ecosystem and I'm running into the same problem as sturmburg. Except I'm also receiving additional errors:

Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/Actions/ArrayList/ArrayListAdd.cs(71,38): error CS0103: The name `PlayMakerUtils' does not exist in the current context

After installing Playmaker I installed ArrayMaker but left out (unchecked) the PlayMaker Utils folder. Doing that only got rid of the GetProperties and SetEventProperties error.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using the latest Unity 5.4 build.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 08:57:53 PM by HAIRGROW »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 01:33:22 AM »
Hi,

ArrayMaker must have PlayMaker utils. It won't work without.

So delete the PlayMaker utils folder first and then reimport arrayMaker, it will be fine then.

Bye,

Jean

HAIRGROW

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 03:41:53 PM »
Hi jeanfabre,

Thanks for the reply. As a test, I started a brand new Unity project and reinstalled everything, PlayMaker first, then Ecosystem, searched for Array Maker, installed it and everything seems to work. I didn't receive any errors and I didn't have to delete the PlayMaker Utils folder. A ran the scene as a test and there were no issues compiling. I'm not sure if something was updated, but it seems to be working now.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 04:14:37 AM »
Hi,

good. Yes, sometimes making update is tricky :) It involves making sure you have cleaned up if versions upgrade do not match.

Bye,

Jean