playMaker

Author Topic: New to game dev should I use playmaker straight away  (Read 2522 times)

musclynerd

• Playmaker Newbie
New to game dev should I use playmaker straight away
« on: July 05, 2016, 09:16:57 AM »
Hi all,

I have a question for intermediate to advanced game devs and users of playmaker.

I'm new to game dev and programming. I've followed some basic C# courses and currently half way through a unity game design for beginners course. After looking at play maker and additional bundles for playmaker I've seen there is a bundle available that will make the game I'm wanting to create much easier.

My question is should I follow more tutorials before jumping into using playmaker and following play makers tutorials. Or should I just go straight into using playmaker.

I've read a mixture of people saying you don't have to do much coding depending whilst using playmaker whilst others saying it just makes event handling better( I'm new so I may of stated it incorrectly)

Will appreciate any feedback

Thanks.

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
Re: New to game dev should I use playmaker straight away
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 09:26:35 AM »
I say go ahead with the Playmaker! ;D
When I saw the first tutorials I bought it right away, as it matched how I imagined how visual scripting should work.
I have no coding experience and still getting forward with all features I need. Before Playmaker I did try to learn C#, but dropped it pretty fast when I got in this tool. Not saying that you should drop C# tho, you can combine with coding as you progress.

musclynerd

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 10:10:37 AM »
When I saw the first tutorials I bought it right away, as it matched how I imagined how visual scripting should work.
I have no coding experience and still getting forward with all features I need. Before Playmaker I did try to learn C#, but dropped it pretty fast when I got in this tool. Not saying that you should drop C# tho, you can combine with coding as you progress.

Hi

Thanks for the reply, have you been able to create games with playmaker with minimal coding experience and if so how have you been finding it.

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 10:34:03 AM »

Hi

Thanks for the reply, have you been able to create games with playmaker with minimal coding experience and if so how have you been finding it.

I have one in progress and made assets while working on the game. All 100% Playmaker, its been a pleasure :)
Check my signature for links below.

musclynerd

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 11:04:08 AM »

Hi

I have one in progress and made assets while working on the game. All 100% Playmaker, its been a pleasure :)
Check my signature for links below.

Impressive, you did all that with minimal code knowledge and just by using playmaker? Generally Im impressed thanks going to purchase it now. Never know may even purchase one of your assets some day ;).