playMaker

Author Topic: Vector Math Problem[SOLVED]  (Read 8105 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Vector Math Problem[SOLVED]
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 04:13:26 AM »
Hi,

ok, I see, so indeed something odd is happening:

this is how it should look:

can you confirm that the sample does show this, if you are not sure, make a new fresh project, import the package as is and testify, It's likely something you tweaked inside the fsm that made the string not being updated with the right information.

sorry for the confusion, we'll get to the bottom of this :)

and yes, you don't have to use gui for this, it was just a straight port from the script you wanted to get in Fsm, I would strongly suggest you use the new UI or something more modern for the UI indeed.

Bye,

Jean

Dan

• Junior Playmaker
    • Personal Site
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2016, 09:22:32 AM »
Hi Jean,

Yes, it does look like the image shown here. When I received the FSM from you I saved it as an original, created a new project and made my tweaks in a new project. I've also been experimenting with the u gui system but that's in a separate project all together and just getting familiar with it.

Come to think of it I did make tweaks to the input but it was just assigning different keys. Other than that, it should be the same.

To review, I show the same which is the output to the screen of "HomeLocation.x = 2". So the player arrives to play the game and the player sees three things:

1. Are you feeling lost?
2. The objective of the game is to find your way home. Go on, you can do it!
3. HomeLocation.x = 2

The 3rd option the player will likely be scratching the head thinking what does that mean?

So, I'm not sure if the best option is just to not show the GUI output to the screen "HomeLocation.x =2". I'm also not sure I really understand it. Is it supposed to output a value in place of the string?

I appreciate your patience. I am in the very beginning stages of trying to understand programming and I can see it will take me quite some time to get the concepts. Thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2016, 03:03:33 AM »
Hi,

Good.

As for UI, you should get the all the UI samples from the Ecosystem and see how it all fits together. There are some videos explaining the basics too.

all infos and links available on the dedicated wiki page

Bye,

Jean

Dan

• Junior Playmaker
    • Personal Site
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 04:25:25 AM »
Hi Jean,

I didn't realize that you had replied until now. Sounds good and thank for the tip.

I was mostly just not understanding the reasoning behind displaying HomeLocation.x = 2 to the player. It will probably click at some point so I've moved on to other PlayMaker projects for now to become more familiar.

Thanks,
Dan

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2016, 02:26:54 AM »
Hi,

Me neither to be honest :) you would either show both or none, but that was how the script was written, so I ported it in PlayMaker as it was. Don't think too much about this for sure.

Bye,

Jean

Dan

• Junior Playmaker
    • Personal Site
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 02:32:11 AM »
Ahhh, I see now. Sorry to put you through that. I want to learn PlayMaker but I think I need to set time aside to learn C# too so I pay more attention to what the script is trying to do.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2016, 08:00:36 AM »
Hi,

Don't worry :)

You are right, if you know c# and PlayMaker, you'll be in complete control of your Unity projects, and you will be able to achieve anything you want.

Bye,

Jean

Dan

• Junior Playmaker
    • Personal Site
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 08:08:31 AM »
Sounds good, I will spend most of my time with C# and PlayMaker. Thanks!  :)