playMaker

Author Topic: Which ai asset is the best?  (Read 3091 times)

inte17

• Playmaker Newbie
Which ai asset is the best?
« on: August 26, 2016, 12:03:34 PM »
Behavior Designer or Advanced ai(the one created for playmaker)? I read good things on both page reviews. What is your opinion? Can advanced ai do complicated things?

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Re: Which ai asset is the best?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 04:44:42 PM »
As a heavy user of both Playmaker and Behavior Designer I vote for Behavior Designer- it has a great ui- the way it uses "tasks" is very much like how Playmaker uses "actions"

Its very powerful, stable and flexible- it has very tight integration with Playmaker that makes it seamless to use the two together- and the developer support is amazing- you can do very simple or very advanced ai with Behavior Designer- its really just up to you-

If you do choose Behavior Designer- I made a tutorial course for Behavior Designer/Playmaker users- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvq9Y2QmW4E
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 06:02:18 PM »
@mdotstrange

As for free alternatives, have you ever considered making youtube tutorials on AI scripting that works along side fsms without creating custom playmaker actions? Or is that too time consuming or illogical?

inte17

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 11:24:22 AM »
Thank you for the answers!(Sorry for a bit late). I have bought Behavior Designer on @mdotstrange adviced and it is really good.