playMaker

Author Topic: a question about "add force"  (Read 1115 times)

shirty

• Playmaker Newbie
a question about "add force"
« on: September 09, 2016, 07:19:54 PM »
Firstly Im pretty new to playmaker and its definitely helping with my lack of coding skills its a great addon, thanks to the ppl who made it. Now onto my problem...
In my project i have a sortof grappling hook type thing where I fire something to a location and then using an analog trigger i want to move towards the grappling hook
I have the analog trigger value written out to a float variable and an actual object fired out and its position written as a vector3 variable for the place to fly towards.
Now i cant figure out how to make my character move towards the vector3 with a force of the float.
I know I could just use some form of move to but I also want gravity to effect the character so that if the trigger isn't depressed enough i wont have enough force to overcome gravity
I've tried all sorts and nothing seems to work right, I dont really understand why there isn't a place to add the actual force value when you are using vector3
Anyone got any ideas how to set this up?
:/

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: a question about "add force"
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 01:11:46 AM »
Hi,

for this you need more than just adding forces which you can do with the action "AddForce", you need something like:

http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php?title=TorqueLookRotation

try this behavior and see if it solves your problem. If you want to then do it in pur playmaker and struggle with it, let me know, I'll turn it into a sample.

Bye,

Jean