playMaker

Author Topic: Datamaker XML - Flickering  (Read 8150 times)

NateGallardo

• Playmaker Newbie
Datamaker XML - Flickering
« on: November 22, 2016, 08:30:51 AM »
Hello!

Certain configurations of the Datamaker XML actions result in some crazy GUI flickering that makes it impossible to use.

Specifically, the XML Select Nodes action, using the 'Use Variable' Source Selection option.

Here's a video:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0O4KrfsmB-PUG9TT0Z1RVlCX0k

It also spams a whole host of error messages, as in the attached image.

Unity 5.4.0f3
Playmaker 1.8.2f7
Datamaker 1.2
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:32:47 AM by NateGallardo »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Datamaker XML - Flickering
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 02:17:35 AM »
Hi,

I see, the content of the string is too much for the UI to cope and show that much text.

I'll see what I can do and provide a fix asap.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 02:31:30 AM »
Hi,

odd, I can't repro here. I can crash the editor if I put a 30 Mb xml but the UI went well. maybe you could pm me if I Can take a look at your project, I'll be able to repro and fix it.

Bye,

Jean

NateGallardo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 01:59:24 AM »
Hi Jean!

Thanks for looking into it. I am currently out of the country for a few weeks, but I'll set myself a reminder to send it over to you when I'm back in the UK!

Cheers

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 03:18:26 AM »
Hi,

cool, no worries.

I found the issue, it's just my bad I though I leverage updates from one project to another and I did not... so know long xml string will be edited out to avoid flickering.

ping me when you are back on this.

Bye,

Jean

NateGallardo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 09:45:09 AM »
*ping* I'm back on this!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 01:26:20 AM »
cool :)

can you confirm flickering is gone, I updated the code to prevent this.

Bye,

Jean

NateGallardo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 06:12:01 AM »
I've just updated Datamaker via the ecosystem to check this fix, but I'm still very much experiencing the flickering:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzXgDZLN7B3KeXo5UG5fZnhHUlk

These errors in the attached image are spammed during the flickering.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 06:28:21 AM by NateGallardo »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 01:03:21 AM »
Hi,

uhm, ok, could you share with me this project? I can sign an nda of course.

Bye,

Jean

NateGallardo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 07:00:11 AM »
Hey Jean,

The main project is huge, so I'll see about getting git access, but for now here's a new project where the same behaviour can be seen:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzXgDZLN7B3KZVZtN2ZrbTkzeDg/view?usp=sharing

NateGallardo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 10:15:48 AM »
Hey Jean,

I've been able to narrow down the conditions under which the flickering occurs.

1) It's specific to the XML Select Node, XML Select Nodes and XML Select Single Node actions. It may occur on other actions too, but these are the only ones I've seen it happen on.

2) It only happens on my Windows 10 machine, it doesn't happen on OSX!

3) It only happens when I have the Action Browser open!

I hope that helps.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 01:34:19 AM »
Hi,

oh woah... ok, I'll investigate. is it the preview? what if you close the preview section?

Bye,

Jean

NateGallardo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 12:04:24 PM »
It even happens with the preview collapsed/hidden. It doesn't happen if I collapse the action itself.

Can now confirm it also happens with XML Get Node Properties, using the combination as shown in the attached images. The first image is the action when it is displaying properly and the second shows how the action and the editor looks when it glitches.

Here are the main errors that spam the console during the glitching:

Code: [Select]
ArgumentException: Getting control 1's position in a group with only 1 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayoutUtility.cs:665)
UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.DoGetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayoutUtility.cs:372)
UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.GetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayoutUtility.cs:332)
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.LabelField (UnityEngine.GUIContent label, UnityEngine.GUIContent label2, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:5437)
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.HelpBox (System.String message, MessageType type) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:6833)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.StateInspector.DoActionsListGUI (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/StateInspector.cs:451)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.StateInspector.DoActionsPanel () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/StateInspector.cs:327)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.StateInspector.OnGUI () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/StateInspector.cs:200)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.InspectorPanel.OnGUI (Rect area) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/InspectorPanel.cs:164)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor.OnGUI () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditor.cs:539)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorWindow.DoGUI () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmEditorWindow.cs:95)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.BaseEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/BaseEditorWindow.cs:72)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.Repaint
UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayoutUtility.cs:273)
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:6970)
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:6949)
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.LabelField (UnityEngine.GUIContent label, UnityEngine.GUIContent label2, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:5435)
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.HelpBox (System.String message, MessageType type) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:6833)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.StateInspector.DoActionsListGUI (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/StateInspector.cs:451)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.StateInspector.DoActionsPanel () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/StateInspector.cs:327)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.StateInspector.OnGUI () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/StateInspector.cs:200)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.InspectorPanel.OnGUI (Rect area) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/InspectorPanel.cs:164)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor.OnGUI () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditor.cs:539)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorWindow.DoGUI () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmEditorWindow.cs:95)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.BaseEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/BaseEditorWindow.cs:72)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Groo Gadgets

• Beta Group
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2019, 10:01:48 AM »
hey guys,

I can see this is an old topic but i've just installed Datamaker in my latest project and i'm having this flickering issue as described above. Was a fix for this issue ever found?

Here are my basic details and the error message:
Unity Version: 2018.45f1
Playmaker Version: 1.9.0.p19

ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.Repaint
UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUILayoutUtility.cs:311)
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:8938)
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:8922)
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.LabelField (UnityEngine.GUIContent label, UnityEngine.GUIContent label2, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:7427)
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.HelpBox (System.String message, MessageType type) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:8802)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.StateInspector.DoActionsListGUI (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/StateInspector.cs:691)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.StateInspector.DoActionsPanel () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/StateInspector.cs:498)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.StateInspector.OnGUI () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/StateInspector.cs:343)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.InspectorPanel.OnGUI (Rect area) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/InspectorPanel.cs:182)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor.OnGUI () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditor.cs:610)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorWindow.DoGUI () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmEditorWindow.cs:136)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.BaseEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/BaseEditorWindow.cs:117)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition, Rect viewRect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:302)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 02:39:23 AM »
Hi,

what action do you think you are using that create this issue?

Bye,

Jean