playMaker

Author Topic: Unity Ads 2.0 - Not working  (Read 11251 times)

Robiwan

• Playmaker Newbie
Unity Ads 2.0 - Not working
« on: December 29, 2016, 07:06:59 AM »
I'm having problem with upgrading to Unity Ads 2.0 in Unity 5.4.3

As Unity Ads 1.5x is now deprecated, https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-ads-1-5x-is-now-deprecated.444868/#post-2889937

I was wondering if anyone had gotten Unity Ads 2.0 working with playmaker?

Groo Gadgets

• Beta Group
Re: Unity Ads 2.0 - Not working
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 07:47:21 PM »
Heya,

I'm using 5.5 with Unity Ads, not sure what version i'm using. Is there an indicator in my project to the version number of the ads i'm using?

If I am using 2.0 then upgrading to Unity 5.5 should be the solution   :D

Phuzz

• Bzilla Games
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 02:13:29 AM »
Hello,

I finally got Unity Ads 2.0 to work in my project using Unity 5.6, what I did is a work around but it does the job well. Since i am a not a programmer I didn't know the proper code to adjust the existing ecosystem Unity Ads actions but I had found out where the problem was, and here is what I did.

1. Using the built in extension didn't seem to work, so you have to uncheck the "Enable Built In Extention" and download the Unity Ads package from the Asset Store https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/66123

2. Download the Unity Ads actions from the Ecosystem, edit the scripts and remove any line that starts with #if or # else. The problem seems to be no connection between these commands and Unity itself, removing them brought the actions back to life.  :)

3. Use the action "Platform dependent event", that's available on the ecosystem to choose which action to trigger whether it is android or iOS incase you are targeting more than one platform. all you have to do is initialize the target platform at the start of the game, later on all ads actions will respond accordingly.

I hope this helps incase it hasn't been figured out yet :)
Bzilla Games "Education with a Tickle!"
Qbucket Games "Voxel Games"

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 05:27:28 AM »
Hi,

It's likely because you don't target IOS or Android and/or you haven't enabled  Unity ads in your Project Services.

I tested with 5.6 and it works as is, minus some obsolete warnings and one action that needs to be deleted because not supported anymore.

I'll update the actions, but you don't need to edit the actions and remove the #IF

Bye,

Jean

jasperPT

• I am a VFX Animator teaching myself to make games
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 06:03:43 AM »
Hi Jean,

Can you let us know when the actions have been updated, I am having the same issue and it does not seem to just work out of the box in 5.6 for me even in a clean project with Unity Services ads setup.
(you replied in a previous thread I made on the same topic as well)

Once you have updated the action set I will try again.

Thanks so much for responding so quickly to this by the way, much appreciated.

Phuzz

• Bzilla Games
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 12:53:02 PM »
Hi,

It's likely because you don't target IOS or Android and/or you haven't enabled  Unity ads in your Project Services.

I tested with 5.6 and it works as is, minus some obsolete warnings and one action that needs to be deleted because not supported anymore.

I'll update the actions, but you don't need to edit the actions and remove the #IF

Bye,

Jean

Strange that I am targeting Android and iOS , it only worked the way I posted earlier after alot of attempts, I will double check now maybe something wrong in my original setup, i will report back, thank you
Bzilla Games "Education with a Tickle!"
Qbucket Games "Voxel Games"

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 04:06:40 AM »
Hi Jean,

Can you let us know when the actions have been updated, I am having the same issue and it does not seem to just work out of the box in 5.6 for me even in a clean project with Unity Services ads setup.
(you replied in a previous thread I made on the same topic as well)

Once you have updated the action set I will try again.

Thanks so much for responding so quickly to this by the way, much appreciated.

That's odd, I did started on a frehs project and it worked fine, but indeed I did set up UnityAds in my services, switched to IOS/Android.

I'll let you know when actions are updated. Follow me on twitter, I'll also announce it there. https://twitter.com/JeanAtPlayMaker

Bye,

Jean

jasperPT

• I am a VFX Animator teaching myself to make games
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 05:14:35 PM »
Hey Jeanfabre

I did in fact get it to work in a clean project over the weekend, so have transferred everything across to that project.

In my old project I was having trouble as unity would not install unityads by default (turning off and on unity ads in services) so I had to try and download the asset from the asset store, but that seemed to conflict with the playmaker actions for some reason.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 04:45:47 AM »
Hi,

That's very odd indeed. You should file a report to Unity explaining what you did, maybe there is a logical reasons for this or a hack they know.

Bye,

Jean

szomaza

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 12:26:39 PM »
My Unity Ads setup stopped working on iOS:

I updated my app project to
- Unity 2018.1.4f1
- Playmaker 1.9.0.p2
- Unity Ads simply enabled from services.

Ads work perfectly in Unity Editor and on Android but on iOS go to "unity ad not ready"
when using the Unity Ads Is Ready action to check before showing the ad.
Also just using Unity Ads Show Ad action does not do anything on iOS.
There is also no error log in xCode.

The checking network part seems to work nicely.
See attached image.

I don't know what to try now.
Any idea?
What has changed?

This same setup worked perfectly before for a long time on both mobile platforms with a previous version of Unity and Playmaker.

Please help! Any ideas welcome. Thanks in advance!
szomaza

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 02:25:15 AM »
Hi,

From which Unity version you updated Your project? Is it working if you create a project from scratch in 2018.1.4 directly?

Have you followed https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/monetization/integration-guide-unity

Bye,

Jean

szomaza

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 02:00:21 PM »
It was Unity 2017.1.1f1 where it works on both platforms.

I'll create a project from scratch to test this on iOS and reply with results...

Of course, please comment if somebody gets it working or finds the problem.

Thanks,
szomaza

ultimate_carl

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2018, 12:03:56 AM »
Hi, I'm also getting this problem. "Show Ad" and "Is Ready" do not work (never exit the state). Tried both Ads built-in extension and Asset Store extension, and updated the Ecosystem actions just in case. Nothing appears in logs (including XCode profiler).

Unity 5.6.6, PlayMaker 1.9.0. I updated PM only in the past month or two and didn't test Ads lately, so I don't know if it's PM being weird or Unity changing things...

EDIT: Well, now it's apparently fixed itself overnight, so maybe it was on Unity's side after all. Confused but pleased.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:23:41 PM by ultimate_carl »

szomaza

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 10:35:34 AM »
Ads work on Android but not on iOS.
Every time I press an add, this appears in the xCode console:
".... You are using download over http. Currently Unity adds NSAllowsArbitraryLoads to Info.plist to simplify transition, but it will be removed soon. Please consider updating to https."

There seems to be an explanation and solution here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39296567/you-are-using-download-over-http-currently-unity-adds-nsallowsarbitraryloads-to

Do the Unity Ads actions need to be updated now?

Please help! Thanks!
szomaza

GonerGames

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2018, 01:56:27 PM »
If you are using unity 2017.2 and above you will need to update Unity Ads with the Package Manager and not the asset store. The asset store version does not seem to like IOS using playmaker. Once updated through the Package Manager everything should work fine.

Please note that you may still get requests to update from the asset store, do not do this as it will bugger up your IOS ads again.

Hope this helps.