playMaker

Author Topic: Audio Play Problem  (Read 4161 times)

gregacuna

Audio Play Problem
« on: January 27, 2017, 06:58:55 AM »
Play Sound action seems to have a problem in WebGL build in Chrome so I'm moving all my SFX to use Audio Play...but I'm having a strange problem.

On the Score Manager I have an FSM which basically loops around 10 times adding 10 points each loop and playing a SFX. When I use Play Sound it goes really quickly looking and sounding great.

When I use Audio Play it's like the action waits for the SFX to finish before going to the next action...so it is way too slow. I've tried various options both with Set Audio and without it using One Shot.

How do I get it so the FSM keeps moving during the SFX playing?

Thanks!

HeathClose

Re: Audio Play Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 11:09:43 AM »
do you have wait to finish unchecked?

phannDOTde

• Peter Hann .de
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 03:29:28 PM »
You could try to force exiting the state with "next frame" action; helps sometimes as a workaround.

gregacuna

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 12:59:09 AM »
I don't see any "wait to finish" checkbox. What action is that in.

I have found a work around which I don't understand. Originally I had several states with the various actions. By putting all of them into one state the sound plays and loops quickly.

Ofonna

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 04:36:52 AM »
hi please i would like to know if your game functions normally on webglbuild. i just tried it out today and so many things went wrong, player health, music, score system and enemies wouldnt die. i dont know if this is a playmaker problem or unity

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 12:00:33 PM »
Hi,
I made an action with a checkbox and placed it on the Ecosytem
and a advanced version.
search for audio play.

You can find the topic here

gregacuna

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 06:14:19 AM »
Sorry for the delay. Only just saw your message. I've been having quite a few problems with the WebGL build. Some I have explanations for...but some are just plain strange. Today an 3d object has just disappeared from the game and sound is suddenly very low in certain scenes.

Biggest problem we're having is implementing multiple languages with fonts for Indian languages. Found out we need to include the fonts in the build which means the text objects have to be instantiated at run time and the font changed depending on the language chosen. In the editor and on Android it works perfectly. In WebGL it works to start and then the fonts just disappear. Really frustrating.

hi please i would like to know if your game functions normally on webglbuild. i just tried it out today and so many things went wrong, player health, music, score system and enemies wouldnt die. i dont know if this is a playmaker problem or unity

gregacuna

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 06:15:42 AM »
Thanks djaydino will check it out. Really appreciate you doing that!

Best wishes, Greg

Hi,
I made an action with a checkbox and placed it on the Ecosytem
and a advanced version.
search for audio play.

You can find the topic here