playMaker

Author Topic: Imported playmaker, get menu but no submenus.  (Read 2304 times)

RNZ

• Playmaker Newbie
Imported playmaker, get menu but no submenus.
« on: January 30, 2017, 10:49:26 AM »
Installed Unity on my laptop, imported playmaker, get menu but no submenus. There are no error logs on the command line. I am unable to add fsm components to game objects and i am unable to access the fsm manager. The only submenus under the playmaker menu are install playmaker and pre-update check. I have tried with 5 versions of unity. it is playmaker 1.83. What am i doing wrong? T-T

Any help appreciated!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 11:43:12 AM by robyzuniga »

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Re: Imported playmaker, get menu but no submenus.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 12:36:33 PM »
When you first install Playmaker from the asset store it is really installing the installers- so just go to install Playmaker and install the newest version then you will have the sub-menus etc-
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

RNZ

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 02:11:17 PM »
Thanks for your reply! I did try this, but i when i try to hit install playmaker 1.83 i get the following command error: failed to import package with error: couldnt create temporary directory Unityeditor.assetdatabase:importpackage(string, boolean)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 02:13:16 PM by RNZ »

mdotstrange

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 02:34:11 PM »
That's an error I've never seen  ???

Is it an issue downloading from the asset store? Did you try re-downloading it from the store?
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

RNZ

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 02:38:40 PM »
Yeah it's weird. With prior versions of playmaker all i remember doing was importing the package. But then again, i hadn't updated in a while.

I did finally get it work by creating the project folder in another location (perhaps due to an access rights conflict?). Anyway, i am up and running!!! Thanks so much for your time and effort in trying to help me solve this issue!!

mdotstrange

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 05:29:06 PM »
Yeh it seemed as if it might be a disk permission issue. Glad you got it working  :)