playMaker

Author Topic: ITween move to on Camera [NO REPRO]  (Read 6640 times)

Linusnorden

• Playmaker Newbie
ITween move to on Camera [NO REPRO]
« on: April 16, 2011, 05:20:39 PM »
Hi, trying to use the new itween action "move to" on my camera to get a nice flyby but i get lag in
the movment. Itween is know for giving smooth animations so i guess something is wrong.... :P
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 03:46:06 PM by alexchouls »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: ITween move to on Camera
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 09:51:07 PM »
Missed this post somehow!

What kind of lag are you seeing? Jerky motion or lag in the position/rotation?

I have noticed that sometimes Unity just starts to get jerky in the editor and restarting Unity fixes it. Seems to happen more in 3.3 than it did before...

MaDDoX

• 1.2 Beta
    • FluidPlay Studios
Re: ITween move to on Camera
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 07:11:17 PM »
I have noticed that sometimes Unity just starts to get jerky in the editor and restarting Unity fixes it. Seems to happen more in 3.3 than it did before...
True, I've noticed the same this last weekend. Also, compiling your project gets rids of many oddities that you get with iTween inside the editor. Performance it's kinda concerning me somewhat as I slowly increase the amount of FSMs, but I've found that simply optimizations (like making sure that you're only running the FSMs that you really need at a certain time) has vastly improved the performance in most scenarios.
--
Breno "MaDDoX" Azevedo
@brenoazevedo

dentedpixel

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: ITween move to on Camera [NO REPRO]
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 11:18:08 AM »
I have noticed framerate drops in iTween, which can cause jerky motion. You may want to try a more efficient tweening engine such as LeanTween that doesn't suffer from these framerate issues.  Here is an example speed comparison, if you are interested: http://u3d.as/content/dented-pixel/lean-tween/31i