playMaker

Author Topic: PlaymakerPhotonProxy ERROR[SOLVED]  (Read 30262 times)

Krillan87

• Beta Group
Re: PlaymakerPhotonProxy ERROR
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2017, 04:50:35 AM »
Hi,

I also have this (or a similar) problem. The error is to complex for me to really understand. So even the Demoworker would work how do I know where to start "my clean up"?

Right now everything worked fine, and then I added some lerp into the position sync, and the error appears. If I remove the lerp-action the error is till there.

My error:
https://imgur.com/a/k9qnB

Seems like a lot of people are getting this error out of a sudden

Thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2017, 06:20:02 AM »
Hi.

that error doesn't seem to relate to Photon at all. it mention terrain and texture, right?

Bye,

Jean

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2017, 06:30:28 AM »
Hi.

that error doesn't seem to relate to Photon at all. it mention terrain and texture, right?

Bye,

Jean

Yes, the first part is about a custom action that gets the terraintexture that is not setup correctly yet, but all the other errors seems to have something with Playmaker over all to do, no?

I just tested again very carefully. When I add a lerp to the position the players can't see each other. I'm gonna try if it is the lerp-action that is bad or if it is adding actions over all....

But somthing here is not right :P

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2017, 06:35:21 AM »
Hi,

an error produces always the full stack fo script call, and so because the error occurs within an action, of course below in the stack you'll find all the PlayMaker core engine used to actuall run that actions at the point of failure.

Yes, something is not right, maybe the gameObject is missing, or the terrain or texture is not set properly. but that doesnt' look like a photon proxy error or anything related.

Bye,

Jean

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2017, 06:41:08 AM »
Hi,

an error produces always the full stack fo script call, and so because the error occurs within an action, of course below in the stack you'll find all the PlayMaker core engine used to actuall run that actions at the point of failure.

Yes, something is not right, maybe the gameObject is missing, or the terrain or texture is not set properly. but that doesnt' look like a photon proxy error or anything related.

Bye,

Jean

Aha okey good to know! I will try fix that issue first and hopefully everything will be fine. Regarding the other issue I have narrowed it down now.

Everything works fine (Meaning both players can see each other and interact with each other) until i set the transform to the new lerp position when the "Check isMine is no"

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2017, 06:48:28 AM »
Hi,

Bye,

Jean

Aha okey good to know! I will try fix that issue first and hopefully everything will be fine. Regarding the other issue I have narrowed it down now.

Everything works fine (Meaning both players can see each other and interact with each other) until i set the transform to the new lerp position when the "Check isMine is no"

Okey okey, sorry for all my posts stacking this thread. I did now remove the FSM with the terrain error and now I don't get any errors at all in the client but in the Editor I get the same error as everybody else in this thread got. The one pointing to the Playmaker Photon Proxy:

"The observed monobehaviour (Playmaker Photon Proxy) of this PhotonView does not implement OnPhotonSerializeView()!"

Lokefot

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2017, 11:12:34 AM »
Hi,

Make sure you have properly updated both PUN asset and the PlayMaker related asset from the Ecosystem.

I can't replicate this here so it's likely something that got corrupte within the project, due to not updating.

Test on a totally empty project, bring PlayMaker, then PUN , then the bridge and if this is fine, then you need to clean up your project.

let me know if this still occurs.

Bye,

JEan

So i started with another new project with everything up to date and added a basic connection FSM.
Game Manager:
State 1: Photon Network Connect Using Setting.
State 2 on Joined Lobby: Create or Join Room.
State 3: Photon Network Join Room
As soon as the player joins the game the error pops up again.

I have an older test-game with the same setup and with all the same versions of plugins, it used to worked a couple of weeks ago, but loading it up now gives the same error.

Im sorry I cant be of more help, but I dont have alot of actual coding knowledge.
Thanks for looking into this!

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2017, 04:49:39 AM »
Hi,

Make sure you have properly updated both PUN asset and the PlayMaker related asset from the Ecosystem.

I can't replicate this here so it's likely something that got corrupte within the project, due to not updating.

Test on a totally empty project, bring PlayMaker, then PUN , then the bridge and if this is fine, then you need to clean up your project.

let me know if this still occurs.

Bye,

JEan

So i started with another new project with everything up to date and added a basic connection FSM.
Game Manager:
State 1: Photon Network Connect Using Setting.
State 2 on Joined Lobby: Create or Join Room.
State 3: Photon Network Join Room
As soon as the player joins the game the error pops up again.

I have an older test-game with the same setup and with all the same versions of plugins, it used to worked a couple of weeks ago, but loading it up now gives the same error.

Im sorry I cant be of more help, but I dont have alot of actual coding knowledge.
Thanks for looking into this!

Yeah it's the same for me. Worked fine like one week ago and now I just get this error :( I am really crossing my fingers that someone finds a solution because right now my whole development is at a halt :(

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2017, 08:25:54 AM »
Hi,

I think it's related to the fact that PUN has remove single observe property and replaced it with a array, I am going to check what's going on.

Bye,

Jean

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2017, 08:38:45 AM »
Hi,

I think it's related to the fact that PUN has remove single observe property and replaced it with a array, I am going to check what's going on.

Bye,

Jean

Thank you sooo much Jean!

Ateam

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2017, 02:44:45 PM »
I have the same error

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2017, 01:10:57 AM »
Hi,

I am really sorry, I can't replicate this, create a new project, installed PlayMaker, Photon from the asset store, then installed PlayMaker Photon support from the ecosystem ( VERSION5, there is a version for Unity 4 as well, watch out), installed the demo, and all works well, I can publish and run the demo with 2 users in the room fine.

I am pretty sure it's because you need to clean up your project, or because ou imported the wrong package.

Else, the next step will be for me to have access to one of your project so that I can see this error and debug it within the project. Pm me.

Bye,

Jean

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2017, 03:45:59 AM »
Hi,

I am really sorry, I can't replicate this, create a new project, installed PlayMaker, Photon from the asset store, then installed PlayMaker Photon support from the ecosystem ( VERSION5, there is a version for Unity 4 as well, watch out), installed the demo, and all works well, I can publish and run the demo with 2 users in the room fine.

I am pretty sure it's because you need to clean up your project, or because ou imported the wrong package.

Else, the next step will be for me to have access to one of your project so that I can see this error and debug it within the project. Pm me.

Bye,

Jean

Hi!

So I started with a "cleanup" in my project. I deleted everything that had to do with Photon and "Photon for playmaker" from my project and hierarchy. Then I save the project and restarted Unity.

I proceeded to install everything in the exact same order as you explained above, but I still get the same error. One thing I noted was that I can't download only the version 5 of the "PlayMaker PUN" from ecosystem, as soon as I click "Get" both the version 4 and the version 5 light up green. It has always been like this for me, could that be a problem?

One other weird thing is that my project worked fine the other day and now I get this weird error.

I'm gonna try create a new project from scratch to see if that works. How do I "Clean up" my real project in a correct way? Is there a way to uninstall everything or do I just delete all the folders?

Thank you for your help and patience Jean!

/
Christian

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2017, 04:36:41 AM »
Okey, I just created a new project and used your steps and everything worked so there must be some kind of issue in my project...

Do you have any tips on how to cleanup the project or any pointers in how I should fix my project?

Right now I'm just thinking of using the demo start scene as my "main many" in my real project and hope everything works that way. Is that a good idea?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2017, 08:06:50 AM »
Hi,

- I don't recommend using demos fsm in your own project, you should always fully understand the demos and then apply the technics learned yourself.

to clean up, remove the following folders and reimport Photon from the asset store and the proxy from the ecosystem:

"Photon Unity Networking"
"PlayMaker PUN"
"PlayMaker Utils"
"playMaker ArrayMaker"

that should do it. if not, then you like need to clean up Photon Unity network dll inside the Plugins folder as well before reimporting Photon

Bye,

Jean